CAAD 10, lightweight fender? (that fits)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Slagter

by Slagter

SKS fenders brake below 0 degrees celsius. I've done numerous repairs on my SKS Longboard ones. Everyone on my team running SKS have problems with them braking. I wouldn't recommend them.

Wide fenders are a good idea though. And those buddy flaps look nice. As long as the gap between fenders/flaps and ground are only a few inches (like the picture in my previous post) you should be fine.

The only guys on my team without occasionally braking fenders are running Spencer Omega fenders. Those are the best fenders we've testet.

I'm gonna replace the my SKS with Spencer Omega ones, when the SKS fenders are breaking next time.

This is how it's done (Specialized Allez E5 Smartweld, with Ultegra):

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 11.4

Odd. Most of our team uses SKS fenders, either complete or Raceblades, and we've never, ever, had a single one break. The full traditional bolt-on SKS fenders last for years and years. I'm wondering what you might be doing that causes them to break.

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

11.4 wrote:Odd. Most of our team uses SKS fenders, either complete or Raceblades, and we've never, ever, had a single one break. The full traditional bolt-on SKS fenders last for years and years. I'm wondering what you might be doing that causes them to break.

3 out of 4 people I ride regularly with who use SKS fenders had broken Raceblades XL last winter (all were replaced free of charge by SKS). Most of us ride between 5 and 8 thousand km between November and February in wet and cold weather conditions, so one can probably say that at least the Raceblade XL lacks durability.

My Crud Roadracer MK2 had no issues in the meantime btw (using 23 mm Conti GP 4Season).
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.