Interest in custom ISP topper for Giant Propel Advanced sl?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xntrickly

by xntrickly

Building up my dream bike and looking for a way to lighten the 160 gram ISP topper for my Giant. I've seen some carbon cradles online on fleaBay which got me to thinking about contacting a custom fabricator to do an entire topper. Obviously the cost for custom quality work is prohibitive unless there is a group buy so please PM if you are interested in participating and also let me know what your cost ceiling would be. I hope to obtain such a beauty for less than $200 and have it weigh 1/2 of the OEM part.

Regards to all and glad WW is back and running!!

Cheers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dirty32

by Dirty32

Without committing and electing a price limit, id be mildly interested to see what you can come up with...

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I'm interested too. My budget would be aligned with yours.

Benno

by Benno

Get me one for my 2015 Defy SL while you're at it. I hate that stupid one bolt design and the thing weighs a ton.

NoInterVention

by NoInterVention

Definitely interested if you can make this a reality. Might have a few teammates interested.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Any update on this? I'm in the process of procuring a Propel Advanced SL. So that makes me interested in getting two of these.

sharkman

by sharkman

Any update on this? I'm in the process of procuring a Propel Advanced SL. So that makes me interested in getting two of these.

Would be interesting but most attempts with the Giant toppers I've seen so far delete the setback/non setback option which is a nice feature (and make the weight reduction a bit pointless to me)

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I'm currently using the non setback option on my TCR Advanced SL, guess that's not much of a problem for me. That topper is really a porker, kind of defeats the weight saved on the ISP.

spartan

by spartan

interested...for my new 2015 propel advanced sl...

any updates on this project
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

xntrickly

by xntrickly

Sorry been busy healing from being run over by a car 10 weeks ago and haven't been in much of a rush to build up my new bike lol. I've been impressed with Ric R's obsession with perfection (carbonfibersolutions dot com) and I believe I should be receiving something in the near future. Admittedly, I told Ric about my accident and the fact that I wouldn't be needing anything soon so the build was put on the back burner. Now that there seems to be more than a dozen folks interested I'll let him know.

Regards.

Benno

by Benno

Any chance for a 2015 Defy topper in this group buy? A man can dream.

xntrickly

by xntrickly

shoot him an email concept2composite@yahoo.com or reach out via the links on www.carbonfibersolutions.com, www.concept2composite.com or heck give him a call @ 703.589.7182. Ric R has been great to work with, just sent him the original topper and he uses that...

Best regards,

Les

[quote="Benno"]Any chance for a 2015 Defy topper in this group buy? A man can dream.[/quote]

Benno

by Benno

Sweet thanks for the info. I'll set it up in the fall so that I can still ride the bike for the summer. Anyone else with a Defy feel free to contact me and we'll do a group of them.

Carrots

by Carrots

Bit of an old thread dig up...

Did anything end up coming of this?

Change in saddle type, plus adding some extra seat post height and I'm in a world of trouble with the standard ISP so looking to see if anyone has created a longer version of the Propel ISP topper (to enable more spacers).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="Carrots"]Bit of an old thread dig up...

Did anything end up coming of this?

Change in saddle type, plus adding some extra seat post height and I'm in a world of trouble with the standard ISP so looking to see if anyone has created a longer version of the Propel ISP topper (to enable more spacers).[/quote]

Yes I am actually working with a local machinist who is about to get me his efforts... I do know that he has got the topper at least 30 grams lighter. My personal bike will now be under 15 pounds even with the 1700 grams wheels that are on it. I will post here as soon as I have something more definite and I'll be sure to put pictures up.

Thanks.
My really fast midget Giant Propel Advanced SL viewtopic.php?f=10&t=132773&hilit=advanced+sl+propel