Pinarello owners - wheel help please

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stumpy

by stumpy

Looking to upgrade the stock 'most' wheels that came with my FP Quattro EPS bought end last summer in time for spring this year.
My question is over rim width - what size rims are people using with a Quattro / Dogma (same geometry / clearance I think?)
Can I widen (no pun intended) my choice to the likes of the HED / Rolf wheels at 23mm, or even pacenti handbuilt at 24mm. Any restrictions on tyre size? - I suspect that 25mms will come up too big.
I may have to order online 'cos I live in the sticks, so little opportunity to visit shops / try and hence the question.
Any photos would be useful.
Thanks in advance :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Hi Stumpy, I have a 2013 65.1. Zipp 303 FC tubs are fitted with 22mm contis........heaps of room. I am also upgrading wheels soon and have similar concerns so I fitted and inflated a 25mm Vittoria tubular on a spare Reynolds clincher rim at sat it on the back. Not "huge room" to the sides but enough I think. Front is a non issue 25mm would be no probs. Hope this helps.............oh, I didnt take any images but can take one with the Zipps etc.

Steve
BB

Coffee & carbon

stumpy

by stumpy

thanks Steve, very helpful.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I had a Dogma2 and always used HED Stinger 6 tubular wheels with continental 25mm competition tires without any clearance issues.

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

I've been running 25c tires on my Pinarello FP2 mated to ENVE classic 45s with no clearance issues. Don't think you can go any further. Based on the tube shape and profile of the Pinarellos, the wider tire looks better IMHO

dmp

by dmp

I have a Paris, running Stans rims with 23mm tires, but looking at the clearances there should be plenty of room for 25's and a wider rim.

zuntopia

by zuntopia

I'm going to buy F8 in some days, and I decide to buy BORA Ultra

survivor

by survivor

I am running ENVE SES 4.5 (27mm wide front and 25.5mm wide rear) with 25C tires on my F8 without any issues.

fogman

by fogman

In some days ago I buy 65.1, and I decide to buy BORA One
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bykemike

by bykemike

I tried 25"s on my new to me f4:13 and, although they clear the frame they do not clear the bottom of the front brake, (Sram Red)