Colour match Colnago C60

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JohnnySea

by JohnnySea

I've just ordered a Colnago C60 Italia in white RSWH. I use a Deda Monolink post and would like to get it painted so that it matches the frame. I have two questions:

1. I would like to have the post painted so that it is ready to fit to the frame when the frame arrives however that means I can't take the frame in to a spray painter and ask them to colour match it. Does anyone know what the name or code of the colour that Colnago uses or is there any other way to reference the colour?

2. I'm after someone to spray paint the post. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in the UK that would have experience in doing this type of job?

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Even in the unlikely chance that Colnago is using something like a coded colour and you get to know which one, I would advice not to try to match it before the frame arrives.

Paint is complicated stuff. Using the same pigment relative composition in a different base gives a different color, for instance.

I know how it sucks to wait for toys and put them together and ready, but if you want something you can look at in peace of mind the for the rest of your ownership, just deal with it and wait. Moreso being a Colnago.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com