Cervelo S2/S3 Weight and Di2 question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Does anyone have the frameset weight for the new Cervelo S2 and S3?

Would it be possible to install the internal Di2 battery in them? Can this be done on a previous generation S2/S3?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Richt1978

by Richt1978

On the previous generation S2/S3 the internal battery would fit inside the seat post - not sure on the latest model.

I ended up dropping mine wrapped in foam into the seat tube of my 2012 bike in the end though, which you should be able to do on the current models if it won't fit in the post.

dunbar42

by dunbar42

I believe there's an aftermarket seller that offers seat post batteries for the new S2/S3. You can search on the cervelo.com forum.

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

MNX1024 wrote:Does anyone have the frameset weight for the new Cervelo S2 and S3?

Would it be possible to install the internal Di2 battery in them? Can this be done on a previous generation S2/S3?

I haven't got a chance to weigh the New S3.
But to answer your second question, yes the Internal Di2 Battery will fit inside the Seat Tube.

Please note that:
1. You need to wraps wire and make some-kind of a Loop at the end so that you can have it remove by a hook.
2. Wrap the battery using a bar tape. The maximum width of the the seat-tube is approximately 18mm, and the diameter of the battery is around 16mm.
3. Depending on your seat-post height and frame size, you might need to cut down the seat-post. The reason is on the smaller size frame, there are simply not enough room to have a full length seat-post and battery accommodating the same seat tube.

Let me know if you need further info.

A.W