Lapierre Aircode. Any owners out there?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ak47

by ak47

I am seriouslu considering this to be my new bike. Coming from a standard road bikes to the aerodynamic one for the first time I like the approach they went when designing it - direct mojunt brakes and no specific seatpost, but a standard 27,2 one used instead.

I don't know how it ride tough. Are there any users out there already? I know the frame is new, I could find some review, but I want to more know from real people not journalists that are ofen getting paid to write what they write.

jefftillack

by jefftillack

I bought a new Pulsium, which is sensationally smooth. But apparently the air code rides very smoothly also. Plus they look fabulous! I'd buy one if I was in the market for an aero bike. Rave reviews in RIDE magazine too. Look it up. They loved it. Have a look at my Instagram since I can't find the attach file button here! #jefftillack

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

It seems like a nice frameset. Pina F8 in size 55, Team sky finish is 1750g (weighted), Aircode size large is 1400g (manufacturer claim).
I also like the 27.2mm seat post and direct mount seems like a great feature.
Go for it!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ak47

by ak47

Hi guys, thanks for the responses. I already got my Aircode 300 in the middle of february (one of the first ones in Europe). The bike is terrific - extra smooth, stiffness is well above average. The bar setup wasn't good (zipp stem was super soft), changed to PRO Vibe 7s alu and it's day and night difference in stiffness, also changed the seatpost and handlebars to Ritchey wcs.

The geometry works well (knew it before the purchase), love the direct mount front brake (who needs discs with these?) and standard seatpost, so I can put anything I want there. And it looks great. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and would buy it again.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

post pictures.

I am extremely pleased with this purchase and would buy it again.

lol.

My LBS is heavily pushing LP bikes and they have an Aircode on display. I gotta say the weido in me loves it (coming from someone who rode a Look 675).

ak47

by ak47

This was taken on my first ride with stock parts. Since then I have changed the parts I mentioned, tires to GP4000S 25 mm and saddle to Arione R1 carbon. Also cut the steerer. The PRO stem will be debadged. Size is XS, 46. I'll take fresh picture on my next ride.

isharamet

by isharamet

Just did the first 90 km on my Aircode 700 today. So far, so good. Didn't noticed any softness in stem, my setup have Zipp SL Speed alu stem and bars, carbon SL Speed seatpost. Although my previous bike was significantly stiffer, Aircode somehow feels and handles even better.

ihs0yz

by ihs0yz

Isn't the seatpost diameter 31.6mm?

I hope Lapierre sticks with the conventional brake mountings and round seatpost ideas while I save up for this frame :D
I never liked aero seatposts. They're NEVER compatible with ANYTHING.

Super Brad

by Super Brad

My buddy has an Aircode and truly loves it.
He had a Xelius before that and seems to think he loses nothing in ride quality, but gains everywhere else (Except weight)

He wrote a little piece on it here if you are interested;
http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/blog/lapierre-aircode

isharamet

by isharamet

ihs0yz, yes, seatpost diameter is 31.6 mm and note that front brakes are direct-mounted.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I don't know if it's really aero but otherwise it looks a pretty standard - no nonsense road bike with probably good riding qualities.

It's designed to look aero but I'm sure they did not go really far.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

This is mine in size 52. Love the ride. Previos bike was Scott Foil with Sram red and this is about 400gr hevier with same wheels.

merlinxlm

by merlinxlm

Its nice to see more Lapieere on the forum. I was starting to think that I was the only member with one. Here are some photos of my 400 FDJ. Very happy with it at the moment, a few upgrades carried out. Running a 32 with a longer rear mech on the back. Changed the stem to a Ritchey WCS, a bit of a handfull to install, but very nice. Currently running with Shimano RS81 C24 wheels. Looking to upgrade these for next year's season. As I'm looking to compete in more hill climb TT's. I'll be looking to shed some more weight off the bike, any comments or advice really appreciated.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I just changed the junktionbox to under Garmin...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

I've got the Aircode on the next bike shortlist also. Anyone riding the ultimate frame, or the new SL?

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk