WTF Specialized???

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

What on earth are Specialized on?

They produce S-Works shoes in white but you can only get them if you are in the US, Australia or Portugal. The UK, Italy, France, Germany etc seem to be unable to buy them. What gives?

sd5500

by sd5500

I've seen sidi do the same initially, but then they were available in the US.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dirty32

by Dirty32

I'll help / assist with posting them back to you, from Australia if you are really desperate...
I agree though. Bit like us not being able to buy a Canyon in Aus. Count yourself lucky, in that regard!

The all white S-works shoes are on my 'to try' list too. Due for some new shoes, and without having tried much on, they are my front runner. I would only buy them in white though. Dont like the white / black or red, or all black colour schemes myself.

campyman099

by campyman099

Don't blame Specialized, blame it on the European Specialized distributor. Many times Europe gets way better colors than the US does in bikes.
Quit whining and go ride your bike!!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

campyman099 wrote:Don't blame Specialized, blame it on the European Specialized distributor. Many times Europe gets way better colors than the US does in bikes.
SPain & Portugal have them, so it isn't the European distributor. Specialized UK is another matter as they are an independent company rather than a division of Specialized.

sharkman

by sharkman

Nothing new, it's what happens when marketing rules a firm (Giant has a US colourline including a green sl and other weird colour combinations as well).
Marketing guys must somehouw picked up the idea that in US buyers like weird/flashy colours whereass Europe appreciates the more understated combinaitions.
Last week I saw a us only SL5 in a combination of neon yellow/red (even more flashy than the pinarello king of spain version) that made me wonder how long one could stay
on it without growing a headache.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Spec have bike models not available in Aus.

No idea on the reasoning, but not a new situation.

Poonjabby

by Poonjabby

One of my biggest frustrations with Specialized is the color selection here in the US. I'm tired of Black/Silver/Red, Silver/Black/Red, White/Blue, Blue/White.

Poon
Poonjabby Rides a Bike on Facebook

kode54

by kode54

Poonjabby wrote:One of my biggest frustrations with Specialized is the color selection here in the US. I'm tired of Black/Silver/Red, Silver/Black/Red, White/Blue, Blue/White.

Poon

agreed. i would like to get a CVNDSH white like Nate did or just simply all white.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

boots2000

by boots2000

They will look hammered in a few weeks of riding- just get a black pair ;)

asv

by asv

The only specialized product I have left is a pair of the s-works shoes, but after a few months of use the heel tread broke. Typically a simple part for most shoes, but specialized has had these on backorder for months.

tinozee

by tinozee

It's our revenge for Canyon. No, I'm sure Specialized would sell anywhere on earth possible. It's odd that one color is held back. Must be the marketing decision, just like the gaudy pin stripes they always insist on using rather than solid colors on frames. Don't they get a clue from the success of BoB models, that it could work with other solid colors? I guess that would obsolete their graphic design friend in the next cube.

But right now the big thing is currency wreaking havoc on pricing across the industry. Prices in Europe will be going up I think, if the euro stays down vs the dollar. So buy quick!

stuka666

by stuka666

We have S-works shoes in white, but not the money to buy them.. I'd rather live in another country.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I have their 1st generation, special editions (white/orange)

Built like a rock but yes, the white has faded into a more of a ivory.. not that I'm bothered by it, given its age, but yes, would settle with a different color.. the Fluo Yellow has been a real eye catcher for me these days.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jonnyBgood

by jonnyBgood

jimaizumi wrote:I have their 1st generation, special editions (white/orange)

Built like a rock but yes, the white has faded into a more of a ivory.. not that I'm bothered by it, given its age, but yes, would settle with a different color.. the Fluo Yellow has been a real eye catcher for me these days.

Well…. I have (had) the same Neon Orange S-Works shoe from years past. I must admit I have a shoe problem (I LOVE all the different colors) as I currently have EIGHT pairs of S-Works shoes between Road and Mountain.

I was told by the local Rep (friend) to "throw them in the wash machine when they get dirty". I have washed them in the wash machine and they come out looking like new. Put the shoes in the wash machine without the footbeds and you can even keep the cleats on. I put three or four bath towels in with them so they don't bang around inside the wash machine. When you take them out stuff them with newspaper to hold their shape while they dry, newspaper also help them dry quicker and….. your shoe are looking like new.

BEST SHOES EVER!!