Cycle shoe advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Welcome to the forum, and right on, colour is the primary issue with shoes and everything else.

Black and white have been classic choices for many years, and you can never go wrong. In the past few years, however, we have seen lots of yellow shoes, and has been almost like there's an unwritten exception to the unwritten rules, that allows yellow shoes to be combined with everything. Seriously, even with a black/red BMC kit.

At this point in time, I feel like we are at a crossroads. Chances are that pink shoes will supersede yellow, as King/Queen of Kool/Qool. But there are legitimate chances that the overall neon/fluo trend is on a decline, and trendsetters are seeking the next thing, which might well be brown leather shoes.

Do not rush your decision. If you can not make up your mind, go with silver, as per Bda's suggestion. That's always niche enough to be somewhat cool.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

Get a shoe cover : ) then you can have any color you want!!!

Change shoes every two years? I am using sidi from 1902 : ) get the shoe that fits and take care of it ... I would bet that if you take care of sidi shoe like you take of a great bike it would last a lifetime.

C

RustySpokes

by RustySpokes

Go Black they won't look or get dirty or turn yellow. just make sure not to wear white socks with black shoes. :lol:
It never gets easier, you just go faster.

tinozee

by tinozee

I am a white and white lover too, even like white frames, stems, bars, tape and posts (maybe not all at once lol). But my new team kit and bike are so dark, it's annoying! It's almost the same as movistar bike and kit colors. I think I will do white or neon shoes and I guess green helmet... weird. All the team has navy or green helmets.

I could never wear black shoes, I leave those for the ghosts of the past and UK guys. For some reason when I think of UK style it's black shoes, white socks, pale skin haha. Dr Who style. j/k ;p

06SpiceRed

by 06SpiceRed

Im currently on a pair of silver road shoes. Ive always had more or less white shoes, and the silver was a great compromise. It had a cool look, but not the ordinary white or black. If you are concerned about them getting dirty, just take a magic eraser to it and itll look brand new all over again. Overall Im a more light colored shoe guy.
A bunch of carbon, with a bunch of electronic parts

gravity

by gravity

Can't believe we have a thread on shoe color advice...

tinozee

by tinozee

For some reason I care more how I look on the bike than I do going to a restaurant or meeting. :p Just being honest. But I'd still ride in brown mtb shoes if that's all I could find or afford.

RustySpokes

by RustySpokes

gravity wrote:Can't believe we have a thread on shoe color advice...

better than what color panties....... :mrgreen:
It never gets easier, you just go faster.