Marchisio cassettes: user input needed...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timo

by Timo

I scored a nice wheelset: Dura-Ace hubs with Mavic Open Pro ceramic rims. Planned to use the rims for an extra set with Record hubs (like the set in my Merlin) but I'm now considering using a Marchisio cassette. Any forum members who used Marchisio with Campy spacers on a Shimano body? Since they are quite expensive I need some user input before I make a decision.

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

I used a Marchisio conversion cassette 13/28, but can't remember whether it was using a Shimano or Campag drivetrain. The bottom line is that it performed badly compared to proprietary cassettes. However, I've used other cassettes such as Recon etc and also found them to be pretty useless.

Mackers

by Mackers

Where would the extra two millimeters you need for Campa spacing come from?

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Timo, My guess is that you are going to use it with 10 speed campagnolo shifters, correct?
if so, you can simpy use a 10 speed shimano cassette on that wheel. Shifting will be good enough. Even Pk0r rode around with shimano cassettes on his otherwise campagnolo equipped bike.
To add to this: 10 and 11 speed shimano wheels can be used in campagnolo equipped bikes.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

If you are planning on running a Shimano hub to Campy cassette conversion, Frankie probably has the easiest solution. I have used an American Classic conversion cassette for Campy shifters on a Shimano wheel and it worked far better than the light Marchisio cogs I tried - they were garbage. The American Classic conversion cassette is no lightweight but shifts nicely. I would probably stick with Frankie's suggestion though.