Campy EPS v2 issue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiojan

by audiojan

I've installed Campy SR EPS in my wife's tri bike, but the v2 power unit is not holding charge… it's drained within a week even if she doesn't use it. Where do I start the trouble shooting? FYI, I didn't shrink tube the connectors yet (which is something I've done on our other 2 EPS bikes…). The power unit is brand new btw...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I would start by calling the place you bought the parts. Then take apart the other bikes with EPS and swap parts until the issue is resolved. Of course, if it is from the LBS, then I would make a call to them and ask.

Since the derailleurs are just the consumers of power, it is most likely not them. Easy to disconnect and see if the draw is still there. Sounds like a bad Power Unit. I have had my system on [band clamp off] for several months and still have a charge that would allow me to ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Hi Audiojan, we'd concur with Butcher - back to your retailer with the PU, that is the most likely source of the problem, assuming the assembly was all done correctly and there are no issues with damage to any of the cables, for instance.

What indicators do you get on the charger when you try and charge the PU up?

Pls mail direct on velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com if you need to discuss as we don't log on to WW every day ...

Kind regards
Graeme
Velotech Cycling Ltd
Campagnolo Main SC, UK
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!