2015 Campagnolo front shift quality

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

savechief

by savechief

I'd like to hear some first person accounts of the front shift quality between the new 2015 Campagnolo group vs. the previous Campagnolo iteration and also Dura-Ace 9000. I'm a current Campagnolo user (2013 Chorus) that is trying to decide between upgrading to the 2015 parts (shifters & front derailleur at a minimum) or trying out DA 9000. Thanks.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

2015 Chorus is softer than the 2014 SR. I can say that.
But still, DA9000 has much softer feel on the lever. They all shift quite good, precise.
It just depends what you like I guess.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

XCProMD

by XCProMD

To me the old Campagnolo FD system worked great, but the problem is electronic system are extremely faster and can shift under huge lots of load.

Shimano updated their FD in their 9000 series DA to make it more "electronic-like", and now Campagnolo did the same.

The result is faster an more comfortable in both brands, but I prefer the tactile feedback of Campagnolo. Precision and speed-wise I find it hard to tell a difference.

Same applies for the rear, but the difference in tactile feedback is even larger.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

If you wonder of DA 9000 group, i can add that the Sti 9001 shifters, shift smoother than Sti 9000 shifters, you can also shorten the lever arms reach more than on Sti 9000 shifter.
That is nice if you have smaller hands.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

funtez

by funtez

Anyone have any more first person impressions of the 2015 campy mech? I'm about to pull the trigger but lightly hesitant coming from a sram'er of 5years..

swiftvelo

by swiftvelo

The new shifting is great. A good upgrade over the older 11sp. Feels like Campagnolo got the feel of the ten speed shifters but with better shifting. Well worth the upgrade.
Last edited by swiftvelo on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishyskawa

by fishyskawa

It's the same mechanism in the shifter so it doesn't "feel" any different. The FD does put out a lot more torque now (45Nm up from 32Nm) with the new cable pull arm which is great. The new cranks have stiffer chainrings too, so the whole thing feels super crisp. It's brilliant to ride.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

fishyskawa wrote:It's the same mechanism in the shifter so it doesn't "feel" any different. The FD does put out a lot more torque now (45Nm up from 32Nm) with the new cable pull arm which is great. The new cranks have stiffer chainrings too, so the whole thing feels super crisp. It's brilliant to ride.
The internals have changed too, so feel will be different. I have Record 2012 and have tried 2015 and this confirms it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com