WIDE tubeless road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aaric

by aaric

I had good luck with mine, but I didn't have a ton of cuts on the fusions either.

JBV

by JBV

IRC Roadlite 25's come out around 27mm on a Pacenti SL23. They're pretty tough (I ride them on dirt & gravel all the time), seem more cut resistant than the Schwalbe Ones or the Specialized Roubaix, and they roll really fast according to independent testing. I prefer Bontrager R3's in 23c for racing, but for all other riding the Roadlite 25's are the ticket.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

i have no complaints with Sectors 28s (other than imagining that they are the reason i am slow as shit) , wearing well after ~2000k and no sign of any holes filled. Thinking of tempting fate and trying 25 One Pros when the come out

dvdslw

by dvdslw

I've been running Fusion 3's in both 23's and 25's for a couple years on some Ultegra wheels (same width as Dura Ace), and both sizes have held up great, very durable tires. I will say that the 25's feel sluggish compared to the 23's in comparison. I also got a set of One's in 23 and they were simply awesome for speed and ride feel, a major step up from the Fusions except the wear a bit faster.

dvdslw

by dvdslw

oshuh wrote:in my thought...

23c tubeless in enough to be comfort than same size tube or tubular

more wide, more heavy.....that is main problem.

Not sure what you mean but tubeless tires these days are lighter and ride better than when they first came out. You can get a Schwalbe Pro One 23mm that weighs 235g then add the 60g of sealant not required but recommended and a 10g valve stem, that puts you right at 305 grams total. Take a common clincher road tire like the Grand Prix 4000S at 217 grams plus an average tube at 90 grams, that's 307 grams total so its a wash on weight depending on what type of riding you do but the benefits of tubeless really take the prize with less flats and a smoother ride because that 23mm tubeless tire will ride like a 25mm tubed tire but not weigh as much.

jeffy

by jeffy

when people measure there tyres, where do they measure?

i ask because i just acquired some cheap $ digital verneers and measured sidewall-to-sidewall (at widest part) and whilst to me this seemed the only way to get a reliable and consistant measure-point. the results were wide compared to what i expected.

AJS914

by AJS914

The 25s are pretty hard to get in the US through my LBS.

I'm buying almost everything through mail order these days and find the best prices in Europe.

HermesSport
in the industry

by HermesSport

JBV wrote:IRC Roadlite 25's come out around 27mm on a Pacenti SL23. They're pretty tough (I ride them on dirt & gravel all the time), seem more cut resistant than the Schwalbe Ones or the Specialized Roubaix, and they roll really fast according to independent testing. I prefer Bontrager R3's in 23c for racing, but for all other riding the Roadlite 25's are the ticket.

These tires are fantastic - they do run big across the board, but they're among the comfiest I've ever ridden.
Hermes Sport, San Diego CA
Handbuilt Competition Wheel Systems
http://www.hermes-sport.com