Single chainring on road bike (with Dura-Ace 9000)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

VTBike wrote:I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be very easily possible. Just take the inner chainring and derailleur off! Unlike C/X or mtn, your not going to be jumping, flying over bumps, or in thick mud - so chain slap, and all other reasons for your chain to derail are non-existent.

Ask David millar, it cost him a yellow jersey in 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Tx6MV_XyM
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

sawyer

by sawyer

Frankie - B wrote:
VTBike wrote:I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be very easily possible. Just take the inner chainring and derailleur off! Unlike C/X or mtn, your not going to be jumping, flying over bumps, or in thick mud - so chain slap, and all other reasons for your chain to derail are non-existent.

Ask David millar, it cost him a yellow jersey in 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Tx6MV_XyM

Not sure he deserved it however :wink:
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

portiabaines

by portiabaines

I like the look of the Falco chainring. Any ideas where I can source one from, what options there are and how much it costs? Doesn't seem to feature on the Falco website
Regards

Portia Baines

elviento

by elviento

Thanks. Right now it's 54T only and 4-arm only with 110 BCD. It's a fun project and there is a run of about a dozen pieces.

We are taking $89 including shipping globally... These are done by the pros of chain rings.

portiabaines wrote:I like the look of the Falco chainring. Any ideas where I can source one from, what options there are and how much it costs? Doesn't seem to feature on the Falco website
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

portiabaines

by portiabaines

Thanks for getting back to me. I was after something more like a 50T and I'm not yet quick enough for a 54T
Regards

Portia Baines

Body

by Body

Recently I bought a new frame and hope to be ready in a view weeks. I am thinking to use a single narrow wide ring on the bike. Lot of CX use these singles already and I am wondering if here more people who use a single ring for his road bike.
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

Body

by Body

Today I installed a narrow wide ring on my CX but there was no 36 110mm available. I found somebody who made this narrow wide rings in his factory. He made one for me for 45 euro.

Like I said before, i would to install also one for my Ti bike and thinking about a 44.
I am wondering if somebody has already experiences with one ring and how it will be in a race.
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein