Edco Monoblock Cassettes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

This is a much less expensive option than new wheels... or even a new freehub and cassette.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tracerboy

by Tracerboy

+ CrMo hardened steel
+ Made from one block, probably no creaking at all.
+ Durable / longer life
+ Quite light also
+ Good ratios
+ Fits to 10 speed cassette body :shock:
+ Not so expensive

Shifting ??

- More noisy when shifting than Shimano or Sram, not so important to me.

With these specs i must try how it works.

As soon as Sram Red Wireless Electronic set is available i will try Edco Cassette :D

To jippered.
I have LW Standard Gen III with 10 speed cassette body,
if i order Cassette from you, does cassette gome with both 10 and 11 speed cassette body locking ring ??

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Let's keep an eye on Starbike. I asked them to ad Edco Monoblock to their catalogue
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

kx_1

by kx_1

The price for the 11s is 200 euro
My Builds so far... C50,EPS Erik Zabel, C59 Di2.

mythical

by mythical

Is this the first Edco product that actually seems to cause a minor stir on WW? I think Edco needs to make some titanium Monoblocks, which should put them at sub-100 grams!! That would probably require going straight to the source though. Rob, the owner of Edco, and I know each other, so I guess I need to yank his chain about it (pun intended)...
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

€189 Edco direct. They are too slow updating shipping prices though. I've asked them why they charge for a full wheelset when shipping a cassette, they answered but they never change shipping fee.
I said it before, i wait for Starbike to get them.
Wert, don't you think a Ti version would ad more flex and less durability? The standard versions seems to be more durable and i guess it would also shift better due to no direct flex.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

eric01

by eric01

Trying to understand exactly how the Edco cassette achieves 11sp on 10sp hubs... Am I correct in understanding that the smallest gear protrudes a little further out towards the dropout?

There's also this cassette by token, where the largest cog is offset towards the spokes. I believe same approach that Shimano uses with XTR 11sp.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... tte-49145/

Speaking of token, has anyone found a source for this cassette? I did some googling and can't seem to find online.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

At $350AUD a pop a 6800 casette and 10 mins with a lathe to relive the carrier is a much friendlier option ;)
Using Tapatalk

eric

by eric

The small cog is already as close to the frame as it can be. They have to move the large cog over towards the wheel.

This may not work with all wheels. Some hubs have DS flange spacing pushed out as far as possible for 10sp as that makes a stronger wheel.

It may work with larger cogs (i.e. 27t and up) where it doesn't work with smaller ones.

mythical

by mythical

wheelsONfire wrote:don't you think a Ti version would ad more flex and less durability? The standard versions seems to be more durable and i guess it would also shift better due to no direct flex.
Titanium will shift pretty much the same, except it's lighter. 6Al4V would be a tough enough material and can be hardened for durability.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

torob

by torob

If this came down to around ~$100, it would be a game changer, but as it stands I'm guessing it's priced too high to be useful to most enthusiasts w/ older aftermarket wheels.
Using Tapatalk

Cento

by Cento

ill just buy the bomb proof Shimano RS-11 wheelset 11 speed,,ill save half of this cassette price..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/e ... prod112038

Jengaback

by Jengaback

At the price it is it would be cheaper to get your LBS to rebuild your current wheel set with an 11spd hub and just buy a standard cassette.

synthesis

by synthesis

Not a 10 to 11 speed converter, but has anyone tried the Miche Supertype Cassette? 150g 11 speed Campagnolo.

GT56

by GT56

Jengaback wrote:At the price it is it would be cheaper to get your LBS to rebuild your current wheel set with an 11spd hub and just buy a standard cassette.

which is a no no with shimano wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com