canyon aeroad 2015

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Are they going to make a Movistar team version colours like the one bfno posted? This would tempt me because in the photo it's running with Campy. I would consider the Ultimate CF SLX but I'm waiting for a C60 and I'm not sure if that would be 'overlap' (although obviously still quite different). Theoretically I'd have each one in a separate county as I travel for work.

How is the Aeroad at climbing? I know it's not a 'climbing bike' per se, but I'm not one to buy into that too much. If anything climbing is my forte, so I actually need help in the flats!

Would love to see it with Campagnolo though, then I'd be sold. The Canyon website still just posts the red colour with Dura Ace.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

I was told by a Canyon rep that the reason for no Campagnolo equipped aeroad was the brakes. They have to use Shimano direct Mount brakes. I know that Movistar uses them as well, but apparently There's an issue selling bikes with mixed Campagnolo and Shimano

I was considering buying a Aeroad team edition and refitting it with Campagnolo EPS, but "luckily" they are sold out and I have to wait on the new 2016 colors. I'm recovering from a torn achilles tendonso it's not a huge loss as I won't be riding anything the Next 2 - 4 months.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Philbar72

by Philbar72

Saw one of these being ridden by one of the Uk canyon reps in the flesh. they look amazing. Nearly as good as my timemachine. but not quite :)

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Thanks Martin.. Likewise, 'luckily' for me I'm in the US so I can't easily get one ;)
I thought the brakes might have something to do with it. I'm thinking of either the Aeroad or a Cipollini RB1000 for my Dubai bike when I travel, but the Cipollini has a tiny head tube. The Canyon might be more practical.

mudrii

by mudrii

mudrii wrote:Please can anybody post some clear pictures how is di2 cable exit for FD and connected to FD on Aeroad CF SLX ?

NO owner of the Aeroad CF SLX Di2 can post close up picture of the FD cable exit Please ?

farm_lim

by farm_lim

mudrii wrote:
mudrii wrote:NO owner of the Aeroad CF SLX Di2 can post close up picture of the FD cable exit Please ?

its behind the fd mount, goes out under. hope this helps.
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

bfno wrote:Exciting! I don't think many people have got their hands on these yet as they are on a long waiting list as you say. A lot of people on here are from USA or Australia too which prohibits getting a canyon.

They're setting up an office here. I'd bet they'll release by Christmas.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Glory cycles made it seem like they are really trying to get them in an email the other day.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

53x12

by 53x12

spdntrxi wrote:Glory cycles made it seem like they are really trying to get them in an email the other day.

If Clive could keep the markup low (from import and his cut) that would be nice. Part of the allure of Canyon is the bang for the buck. But if you lose that aspect...
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

53x12 wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:Glory cycles made it seem like they are really trying to get them in an email the other day.

If Clive could keep the markup low (from import and his cut) that would be nice. Part of the allure of Canyon is the bang for the buck. But if you lose that aspect...

very true
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault