canyon aeroad 2015

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I'm traveling to Europe this summer for three weeks...What are the chances I can order an Aeroad and have it delivered to my hotel? Will Canyon flag my card being in the US?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT56

by GT56

520 Dan wrote:I'm traveling to Europe this summer for three weeks...What are the chances I can order an Aeroad and have it delivered to my hotel? Will Canyon flag my card being in the US?

just shoot them an e mail to find out

Racing2

by Racing2

Canadian buddy of mine, who lives in the Netherlands, couldn't order with his Canadian card.

marlonkruis

by marlonkruis

Through an European friend or something?

hilts

by hilts

I ordered a bike with my Norwegian card while working in Germany(delivery address in Norway). Canyon flagged and cancelled the order.
They said the ip-address and the card has to be from the same country, so i used VPN to order from our office in Norway, but in the end Canyon assembled the first order aswell, even though they said they cancelled it.
In other words, it might work, but I would not count on it.

50cal

by 50cal

Apologies for the age old question. Almost ready to press the button on an Aeroad 8.0. Had it set in my head that I'm a size S but having put the measurements into the Canyon website it says I'm a Medium. I'm always between sizes and I want to make sure this one is right.

I'm 5'9" (176cm) tall, 33" (84cm) in seam, 58cm torso and arm length.

Is there anyone with a Canyon with similar measurements that can offer advice on sizing? Is it best to go smaller and get a setback seat post?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

wingguy

by wingguy

At this level simple body measurements are too vague to help distinguish between sizes. Differences in fit between individuals of similar measurements can be quite large.

If you have a bike fit that you are happy with find the stack and reach of your frame, compare it to the Canyons, and work out which will build to your position with the more desireable stem length and spacer stack.

50cal

by 50cal

wingguy wrote:At this level simple body measurements are too vague to help distinguish between sizes. Differences in fit between individuals of similar measurements can be quite large.

If you have a bike fit that you are happy with find the stack and reach of your frame, compare it to the Canyons, and work out which will build to your position with the more desireable stem length and spacer stack.

Cheers, checked the stack and reach, seems the Small will be best, being a couple of mm shorter and longer respectively. Having messed around with the calculator on their site, It's the inseam that carries it over to the Medium by 1cm, I realise this is less important, but it was this that caused the initial confusion.

:thumbup:

bfno

by bfno

In case anyone was wondering.

I ordered a Aeroad CF SLX El frameset in the red, expected delivery week 21 (last week). I was told another 6 week wait.

At least I've got some time to buy the remaining parts.
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

stono38

by stono38

Nice!, Movistar ver. Aeroad!

Tomdaws

by Tomdaws

I've been using mine a couple of weeks now & am really impressed with it. I can't believe how good di2 is !
I do think it is stiffer than other bikes I've ridden, but not in a bad way & don't find it uncomfortable at all - I actually think that the perception of 'stiffness' is a sum of all the parts of the bike, not least wheels & tyres.

Now, my intention was to fit a Stages power meter (Ultegra 6800) however I've checked the clearance with the measurements on the Stages website & it looks like one will not fit .... I don't suppose anyone's managed it ?

silverster

by silverster

Tomdaws wrote:I've been using mine a couple of weeks now & am really impressed with it. I can't believe how good di2 is !
I do think it is stiffer than other bikes I've ridden, but not in a bad way & don't find it uncomfortable at all - I actually think that the perception of 'stiffness' is a sum of all the parts of the bike, not least wheels & tyres.

Now, my intention was to fit a Stages power meter (Ultegra 6800) however I've checked the clearance with the measurements on the Stages website & it looks like one will not fit .... I don't suppose anyone's managed it ?

I got a size S aeroad CF SLX and have been using stage power meter for a while so this shouldn't be a problem.

Tomdaws

by Tomdaws

Thanks, just the info I was looking for - it makes trying one much less of a risk :-)

Tomdaws

by Tomdaws

Tomdaws wrote:I've been using mine a couple of weeks now & am really impressed with it. I can't believe how good di2 is !

I've now fitted my 'Stages' without any problems at all. I think the diagram on the Stages website is a little misleading.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mudrii

by mudrii

Please can anybody post some clear pictures how is di2 cable exit for FD and connected to FD on Aeroad CF SLX ?