Which alu frame??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sefton

by sefton

I,m also interested in this. The new bowman palace, the caad10 and the kenisis aithein look like the most modern frames. The allez s works looks fantastic but is £1500 the others are about £500 -£600.

Others that have caught my eye are the de Rosa milanino and the cinelli experience. But these could be considered a little out dated next to the first three.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

ryan0380 wrote:The only thing putting me off a canyon ultimate Al is the WAIT, it might make me appreciate it more!!!
Ivhdds, your bike and the canyon with gum walls in the bikes section aren't making my decision easy

I can relate, I ordered a Canyon this last year and it took so long to be in stock I bought something else and cancelled :( .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

headwind816

by headwind816

The Focus Culebro looks nice; I was at !y LBS when two arrived. I know one local team plans to rock this bike.

A local guy killed everyone on his Jamis Icon and plans to switch to the Culebro for this year.

lvhdds

by lvhdds

duvivr6 wrote:
ryan0380 wrote:The only thing putting me off a canyon ultimate Al is the WAIT, it might make me appreciate it more!!!
Ivhdds, your bike and the canyon with gum walls in the bikes section aren't making my decision easy

I can relate, I ordered a Canyon this last year and it took so long to be in stock I bought something else and cancelled :( .

When I ordered the bike it was available within two weeks. But it was in stock. There is sometimes a delay on the due dates shown on the Canyon homepage. Unfortunately Canyon has this problem since many years.

jjmstang

by jjmstang

I have a Gaulzetti Corsa ( one of the original team bikes ) and a CAAD 10. The CAAD is lighter than the Zetti but not as stiff and responsive. For a race bike I;d go with the CAAD ( a lot cheaper ). If just a bike that rocks and your not worried about crashing it...The Zetti is the winner.

-John
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

ryan0380

by ryan0380

A gaulzetti corsa would be something special alright but well outside my budget. Although I'm not a fan of the allez I would make an exception for an s works.
Canyons reputation for long order times is definitely putting me off an ultimate Al slx frame.
Kinesis aithein in black would be a contender but I just noticed on their site that it has a weight limit of 14st. after being off the bike with an injury for a few months I am a few pounds North of 14 St so again that rules out the kinesis.
A caad 10 new is slightly out of budget but if anyone has come across a 58cm caad 10 frame fork please let me know, preferably Europe based.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
I'm going to have a closer look at the focus Culebro as I'm not too familiar with it.

ryan0380

by ryan0380

Just a quick update for all that made suggestions, I bought a Rose Xeon rs-3100 last night. Got it well under budget, it only needs a rear mech hanger. I will post picks of it once I get my hands on it and get it built.
Groupset: sram red lte yellow
wheels: pacenti rims on dura ace 9000 hubs
Seat post: Thomson masterpiece
Will have to check what else I have for build.
Thanks again for all suggestions

rikaguilera

by rikaguilera

I built a CAAD 10 as a lightweight recently, and I actually like it a bit more than my carbon bikes. It came in really light (6168 kg).

A friend will help you move. A great friend will help you move a body..