Hi Advice S Works Tarmac vs Canyon ultimate cf SLX

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Windstopper

by Windstopper

Hi there. New to this forum. IMO this is the best place to ask. I am ready to purchase a new frameset. Them 2 are my choices.

a 52 size Tarmac and a Ultimate CF SLX.

I owned 52 allez.

My questions are:

1. Which is a lighter frameset?

2. Which is stiffer?

3. Which rides better more refined?

4. Which one will you buy (considering Tarmac is 600 bucks more after discount but lifetime warranty)

Thanks in Advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

duvivr6

by duvivr6

I know you have added a bunch of questions to answer here but for me the decision is simple.

If you want to ride what everyone else in your hometown rides: Tarmac
If you want a sweet TDF winning machine for less $$: Canyon

gus300

by gus300

duvivr6 wrote:I know you have added a bunch of questions to answer here but for me the decision is simple.

If you want to ride what everyone else in your hometown rides: Tarmac
If you want a sweet TDF winning machine for less $$: Canyon

those are some bias opinion but we are all entitle to such thing.

now for the OP: stiffness, comfortable, durability, or any other performance from the frame, its based on the rider as well, not everyone rides, weights or perform the same. i have a supersix evo and i have a new tarmac s-works and my tarmac performs better in every aspect, but thats my opinion as well. also you cant take away that the canyon, dogma, pinarello, etc..... dont build good bikes because thats not true. there are tons of brands out there and they all try to improve them all the time.

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

I believe the cf slx is the lighter one. I kept reading about the Canyon being one of the lightest frames out there together with the bura, addicts and hi-mods, whereas I have never heard those claims on the s-works.

bfno

by bfno

The weight difference is about 200g I think with the Canyon at 700 and something and the S-Works Tarmac at 900 and something. Just a rough number so don't quote me! The Canyon is very light though.
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)