Sram Red Crank + Stages weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mgmoehn

by mgmoehn

Looking to upgrade to power for my Argon Gallium.

I am looking at used Quarqs which are listed for like 760 grams total.

I am also looking at maybe purchasing a sram red crank gxp and then buying a stages rival arm and I think that would be around ~100 grams lighter than the Quarq option and still be lighter than just the SRAM Force crank I am running now.

Anyone run into this as well?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aaric

by aaric

from http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/11/stage ... er-review/

In fact, the Stages unit only adds a mere 20g to the overall crankarm weight. In comparison, Garmin Vector adds ~55g, Powertap adds ~100-200g, Quark adds ~200g and SRM adds 150-200g.

The powertap number is high: its come down with the g3 hub. I'd wager that the spider based units are a bit more durable than the crank arm based ones, and they also measure both legs: there's a bit of risk with only measuring half and doubling it.

You might look at the 4iii precision if you are really worried about weight: it should be able to mount to the Red crankarm, and be a bit cheaper than stages. They should be showing up in the wild soon...

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I've got that exact combination on my bike. (sram red drive side and rival+ stages nds) Please allow me some time to dismount and weight it for you.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Looked it up for you as that was faster. My 175mm sram rival crank with stages powermeter weights: 230.5 grams. Sadly I don't have the correct weight on the exogram red crank for you atm.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

locktopus

by locktopus

I pulled some stuff from my stock and came up with the following:

175 mm Red Exogram BB30
NDS - w/ spindle - 187 g
DS - 50/34 (no spindle) - 336 g

172.5 mm Red Exogram GXP
NDS - no spindle - 134 g
DS 53/39 (w/ spindle) - 461 g

So depending on the length and ring set you're using w/ the rival crank arm you're probably looking at 692 g ± 50 g.

rma

by rma

locktopus wrote:I pulled some stuff from my stock and came up with the following:

175 mm Red Exogram BB30
NDS - w/ spindle - 187 g
DS - 50/34 (no spindle) - 336 g

172.5 mm Red Exogram GXP
NDS - no spindle - 134 g
DS 53/39 (w/ spindle) - 461 g

So depending on the length and ring set you're using w/ the rival crank arm you're probably looking at 692 g ± 50 g.

Had my friends crank weighted (Red GXP 172,5mm 50x34 + Stages Rival) and got 697g with some NON RED chainrings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com