2nd Gen Pioneer Powermeter - Battery Replacement Problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pieta

by Pieta

Have a generation 2 Pioneer powermeter and was out on a ride on Saturday. Got a warning saying the battery was low. Then I started getting a low power reading of roughly half so the left crank battery had gone completely.

Only had the time to change batteries yesterday but when I did (with CR2032 Renata batteries on both left and right cranks) the cranks are not communicating with each other.

Just a quick summary of what I'm seeing. After installing fresh batteries in right and left units a green LED lights up in both units for about 10secs. After pressing the button (les than a 2 sec push) in the right transmitter it flashes green 5 times followed by 5 red flashes. Left LED doesn't light up at all. Have had a look at documentation from the Pioneer website. On P8 of the SGY-PM910_Installation Manual it says that if the right transmitter flashes 5 times pairing between the left and right transmitter has failed.

Anyone with a Pioneer unit experience this before when replacing batteries? Have had no problems up to this point with the unit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com