Chorus EPS vs Record EPS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Are there any noticeable differences between the two or is it just materials and therefore light weight?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Danza

by Danza

materials, bearings (RD pulleys and crank), and connectors.

What I am unsure of is if 2015 chorus EPS connectors are the same as <2014 athena eps

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Connections are the same and athena eps/chorus eps parts are interchangeable.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

so really not much. if i'm not mistaken, the connectors aredifferent to prevent mixing and matching different groups, correct? essentially, a Chorus EPS group should work just as effectively as a Record one but weight a bit more.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I can say the Athena and SR EPS system were identical in operation.

@Hornfrog, Is that a fact [ie you have done it?] or are you just guessing that they Athena and Chorus are interchangeable. There are some great Athena buys out there [I bought a Athena EPS front derailleur for $141US, Power Unit for $99US],

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Fact
graeme_f_k wrote:
...Yes, Chorus EPS is fully interchangeable with Athena v2 EPS and mostly intercahngeable with v1..

For the FD, we would not advise mixing the Chorus FD with the Athena v1 EPS system as the software to drive the slightly-altered FD will not be installed in the PU or Interface.

An Athena v2 PU and Interface combination automatically recognises the changes made for the new FD and impliment those changes on detecting the new FD configuration.

Kind regardsGraeme

And I have tried it myself.
Honestly, it looks like campagnolo pretty much just rebadged athena eps and put it out as chorus eps...apart from the carbon brake levers and some bolts/rivets in the derailleurs.

I did the same. Found some parts stupid cheap. Currently building up a evo hi mod with the v2 battery. Should be done in a week or so.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

That is what I expected [rebadged] and I asked around, but never got an answer. Thanks for the input.

You could save a boat load of money especially with an Athena V2 module, V2 interface.....