Ciamillo Again

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

@irishcycles, You're missing the point. It's not the length of time that you get the part, it's the lies you get on where that part is and the money that is never returned. Thinking that the consumer is will be happy because they were never billed for those lies, is well, just ludicrous.

As long as you are willing to distribute parts/product you'll never get, you'll be fine. Just don't tell your banker your business plan.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spookyload

by spookyload

508, Carbonlord only sells what he has in stock. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him in the least. He got burned by Ted like many others, and is selling stuff at great prices. The brakes are good brakes and I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again, just from ebay or carbonlord

wingguy

by wingguy

Yeah, but what if, like the guy upthread, you need a spare part 6 or 12 months down the line? What if they're faulty and you need a warranty replacement?

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

Wait a minute. I understand the frustration people have with Ciamillo. I have had similar experiences with other companies. Although in my case I always disputed the charges in time so I was never out any money.

That being said in any other forum I have been to Irishcycles would be applauded. Ciamillo seems to be a product that people are very interested in. Irishcycles has taken the risk out of ordering said product. Thus anyone interested in their brakes wins in this situation. In my book they are providing a service to the community.

So I ask again why are people attacking IrishCycles? If they get screwed you are free to say I told you so. You are also free to give them advise but please do not attack them.

Now my case I recently ordered a pair of Campagnolo Super Record 11 brakes which are fairly light weight. However now that Ciamillo brakes might actually get delivered I am wondering if I should sell the SR brakes and purchase the Ciamillo. They are lighter but I am unsure how the performance compares. Anyone have input?

spookyload

by spookyload

The new Micro brakes do one that that no other product did. Work well with wide rims, and with the twist of an allen bolt, adjust down to narrow rims without losing the brake feel. Makes swapping between wheel sets very easy. Some people will say just use a barrel adjuster, but when you do that you are actually changing the leverage of the brakes by opening and closing them. Meaning if you set them up for 25mm rim, then just use the barrel adjuster to adjust them down for 22mm rims you have changed the leverage the brakes are using. The Micro brakes use a cam to make the adjustment. It is easy and fast. Like I said, if you can deal with Irishcycles or Carbonlord, even ebay...do it. No they don't have insane braking power like dura ace or SRAM, but you are buying them for the weight and performance, with weight being the key deciding factor.

mattr

by mattr

AMGRoadster wrote:So I ask again why are people attacking IrishCycles? If they get screwed you are free to say I told you so. You are also free to give them advise but please do not attack them.
No one is attacking them, just pointing out that Ted will have no concerns about pulling their pants down and shafting them. Being a business buyer doesn't seem to make any difference.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

The costs of doing business is always handed down to the buyer. No matter if it is a business tax, bad decision, debt, etc. If it does not get passed down, usually they go out of business.

I agree, no one here is attacking him. If Ted can't get the parts to you, why do you think Irishcycles will? Just because you will not loose money on the deal, you still won't get your parts in a timely manner. It seems many people here would pay through the nose to get the parts/brakes, he just does not deliver.

If Irishcycles want's to cover the costs and accepts the risk, go for it. But you still will not get your parts.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

I agree no one is directly attacking Irish. But, as a business owner myself, I would never deal with a supplier who has a very clear track record as a liar and a thief.

Ted's actions go far and above growing pains or small supply issues. He actively concocts stories, fake tracking numbers, etc to *f##k* customers over. He deserves no more "second chances" or ANY business. Again, if someone would buy him out, hire him as a designed, etc. Maybe. He clearly can't run a business and should probably face criminal charges.

If you want to support someone like that, and enable them to continue screwing people over and cheat them out of money, all so you can save 75 grams on a bike component... then I feel sorry for you. Speak with your wallets!

Estelja

by Estelja

FWIW, Tufo North America (in Canada) carries Zero Gravitys and lists how many they have in stock. I have purchased various other items from them and have always had them delivered quickly.
http://www.tufonorthamerica.biz/index.p ... &cPath=118

onefun

by onefun

I might be lucky. I order through Irishcycle and get the micro within a week.

KWalker

by KWalker

Ted is still promising people that P2M will make a Gravitas PM. That guy is *f##k* delusional.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

spartan

by spartan

the price for cnc us made brakes is spectacular. $280.. if only ee brakes would get a price cut.

new product from ciamillo seatpost

http://www.irishcycles.com/Z3/index.php ... ucts_id=95
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Getter

by Getter

That aged Ti finish looks pretty cool...

spookyload

by spookyload

Contact us for more information and to reserve your seat post now!

Yeah right. Give him your money now for a seatpost you will se next year. Oh, by the way...it is more expensive and heavier than a Thomson Masterpiece which has been around for 15 years.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

I seriously wish people would just stop ordering any of his products, regardless of the distributor/reseller.

You know if there is ever an issue the seller can't deal with directly, you're out of luck.

More importantly, if you're posting on here, you KNOW you are supporting a company/man that is nothing more than a liar and a thief. I don't care how good a product is... how light... how awesome it is, how can you support someone like that?

At the very least WW should ban resellers/distributors from posting about having his products in stock. Enough people here have given him tons of money, in good faith, and been completely bent over.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com