Ciamillo Again

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

I agree. If we can stop even one person falling into the hands of this crook, then it's definitely worth having it open.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

I'd be in for making this a sticky! Certainly don't lock it.

Maybe the solution is to make a locked sticky that just says: "Only buy Ciamillo if you want your money stolen and/or enjoy supporting a thief"

If we can have an announcement in the classifieds to avoid using paypal gift, due to fraud (which is actually most likely minuscule on this particular board), we can put up some type of general warning.

spookyload

by spookyload

lewolive wrote: But once you have the chance to have the product on your bike, it should leave for a long time.

I do agree with this. I had the original Zero G ti brakes on my bike for 9 years. They were great brakes. I replaced them with the GSL micro brakes due to swapping wheels of different widths. The micro made this very easy. The build quality is just as good as my old Zero G brakes. Hopefully they have the same life span.

farm_lim

by farm_lim

please keep this thread current. i know of at least 2 friends who are still waiting for resolution on non-delivery. chances are, there are more out there.
somebody will just open another one again in the future.
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Ther was never even a suggestion of the thread being locked. I just wanted to know if it was still functional.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Not to support Ted, because that is a lost cause. From his website, you cannot buy any bike part from him. That alone will cause less interactions with Ted.

It seems that irishcycles has taken that load off Ted. Hopefully that works out for both of them.

lewolive

by lewolive

With just 3 distributors worldwide it will change a lot.
Direct sales are polluting the business because Ted has not the resources to sell shims individually. Then it's also affecting the distributors whereas I think we all provide a good service. I regret that because Ciamillo brakes are like Lego and when I want to fix a brake set, I just need to clean the brakes, change the parts and ship back to customers.
We, distributors, are organized to deal with dozens of small orders a day (with different brands) thanks to a real time inventory and minimum quantities of parts that are forcing Ted to plan the production 2-3 weeks before.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

I'm glad to know who the distributors world wide are. Because those are companies that I will avoid buying ANY products from. I will also encourage anyone I know not to buy a single item from a company selling Ted's products. They are doing nothing but supporting a criminal who prey's on the ill-informed. They're simply enabling him to take advantage of more people in the future.

Companies should be embarrassed to admit their dealings with him at this point in time, knowing what we all know to be true.

He doesn't deserve any business. He only deserves to, at the very least, have his company go out of business and most likely spend time in jail.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

ehh, I guess I'm the only one but I like my GLS brakes.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

voodoo, it's not about liking or not liking the brakes. I had a set of Zero G Ti brakes years ago that were great. Around the era of the crankset project is when Ted lost his way and starting stealing from customers in a more overt and outright way.

This is about supporting a known criminal.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

Briscoelab wrote:voodoo, it's not about liking or not liking the brakes. I had a set of Zero G Ti brakes years ago that were great. Around the era of the crankset project is when Ted lost his way and starting stealing from customers in a more overt and outright way.

This is about supporting a known criminal.

So he was charged and convicted of a crime? I wasn't aware, my mistake.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

So you have to be charged and convicted to have committed a crime? By that logic a bank robber that doesn't get caught didn't commit a crime? A rapist that goes unreported isn't a criminal? Come on man.

You're head must be buried in the sand if you're legitimately going to defend Ted, on this board of all places. People aren't making things up. 2 seconds of searching here will yield countless stories of Ted stealing from people.

Some of his products are nice, no one is disputing that. But, he's still a thief and a liar.

Threads like this are an important message to would be buyers of his actions and what kind of man he is. There are tons of nice brakes out there, people like him doesn't deserve business.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

Totally lets burn him at the stake. Or you could just dispute the charge on your credit card

farm_lim

by farm_lim

voodoo, you must try being strung out for so long after your payment that the transaction is way beyond the coverage. they are all detailed here from pages 1-7 and the previous thread if you might not
be aware.
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shotgun

by shotgun

farm_lim, it'll be my 1 year anniversary with Ted this month. It's been a year since I ordered my 2 sets of Micro GSL.
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio