Ciamillo Again

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

carbonLORD wrote:Na, we already went down that road and there were plenty of people on this forum, and this thread that knew where I was coming from. Its all in the past now but one thing remains a constant, Ted and his inability to deliver to every customer in a timely manner. I am no longer a Ciamillo dealer which was a mutual decision. However my reasoning was because I do not want to be associated with a person who does not honor warranty and gives both consumer and distributor the same run around, be it, generating a tracking label that never ships, excuses of broken machinery, "the item was returned to me for no apparent reason" or flat out never resolving warranty or fulfilling customers orders.

My only purpose on this thread now is to warn any would be consumer or distributor exactly how Ted operates and to let you all know the two cranks I sent back for warranty over a year ago for my customers were never refunded, fulfilled or replaced. I still receive an email at least once a week asking if I can help others who purchased direct months, if not a year or more ago but sadly there is nothing I can do for them.

When I posted a review on Ciamillo's FaceBook page, Ted shut the page down, unfriended and blocked me from posting on his personal page. However, as it is a public profile, it appears that the cycling industry is not the only industry where he has taken peoples money and never delivered. Several posts from angry customers of his Lunocet that never received their products either.

This is not a coincidence that people from several forums all have the same problems. It is unfortunate as Ted makes an awesome brake set and if he would have stayed the course would have maintained a solid reputation, kept his relationships and would have made a decent amount of money without effectively ripping people off.

carbonLORD,
Well said.
I am also no longer a Ciamillo dealer.
What I want to say,you said it all for me and all is true.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CP

by CP

I forgot to state that as an official tester, I did get a nice T-shirt!

DiatribeWA

by DiatribeWA

Thought I'd revive this. Paid $800 for cranks and micros in October of 2014. Now almost 2 years later and the usual Ted promises, I still have nothing. He won't even return my calls. Still a dirtbag thief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Scum will always be scum. It's good to dredge this up from time to time to help remind new comers to stay well away. Too bad it isn't a sticky, or at least a sticky that lists companies to avoid.

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

DiatribeWA wrote:Thought I'd revive this. Paid $800 for cranks and micros in October of 2014. Now almost 2 years later and the usual Ted promises, I still have nothing. He won't even return my calls. Still a dirtbag thief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ciamillo is Dead :)

jesherwood

by jesherwood

Briscoelab wrote:Scum will always be scum. It's good to dredge this up from time to time to help remind new comers to stay well away. Too bad it isn't a sticky, or at least a sticky that lists companies to avoid.

THANKS INDEED! I was close to pulling the trigger on a set of brakes. Glad I didn't.
More weight than weenie.

HvdS

by HvdS

I paid Ciamillo 930 dollar for a set of Gravitas cranks in March 2013 which would be ready in 3 weeks time.
I send about a hundred emails to him of which about 5% got replies, which were always about hitting a snag and that they would be ready in a few weeks.
After three years I gave up on the cranks and he agreed to pay me back the money but never did even after another year has passed.
I live in the Netherlands. Any ideas on how to get my money back?

ms6073

by ms6073

HvdS wrote:I live in the Netherlands. Any ideas on how to get my money back?

Maybe get on the dark web and hire a couple rough types who are local to his area and rough him up? :D
Seriously, the only way to get your money back will be to open a Interstate fraud claim with the United States Postal Service, send a letter to the State's Attorney General consumer fraud division in the state where Ted conducts business as well as contact a lawyer local to Teds city file suit in small claims court.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Realistically, hiring thugs is the best option. The other options would never get your money back.

Start a go fund me page and say you want to 'Resolve a Ciamillo issue' and I'm certain you'll be fully funded in a few days. There would be a lot of contributors. You could have front row seating, free live video, taped video, etc as gifts for contributors.

wingguy

by wingguy

HvdS wrote:After three years I gave up on the cranks and he agreed to pay me back the money but never did even after another year has passed.

First, email asking him to follow through with your refund as previously agreed.

When a week has gone by and nothing has happened, threaten him with legal action. Email him a headed letter saying that if the money is not in your account in 7 days you will engage a lawyer to take him to court to seek repayment, damages and costs. He knows that it's cheaper for him to just pay you back.

If that doesn't work, then you can decide if you want to go to court or not.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I was the original purchaser of the cat claws model which later changed to the zero gravity name. The company was good in the early stages and then ted got rid of everyone who worked for him

boysa

by boysa

To be honest, it seems he has screwed so many people, I'm frankly amazed he's still walking around in one piece.

But then again, I am from NJ.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Svetty

by Svetty

HvdS wrote:I paid Ciamillo 930 dollar for a set of Gravitas cranks in March 2013 which would be ready in 3 weeks time.
I send about a hundred emails to him of which about 5% got replies, which were always about hitting a snag and that they would be ready in a few weeks.
After three years I gave up on the cranks and he agreed to pay me back the money but never did even after another year has passed.

What a crook this guy appears to be. You could spam every cycling message board you can find repeating your story. This would hit his business and prevent others being screwed too.......

spartan

by spartan

three biggest vapor products on ww site

1 - gravitas crankset
2- ee cycleworks crankset
3- wert cycling
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

You forgot the M5 crank,which in early 2007, was weeks from volume production.

M5 road cranks 238 grams, bottom bracket 120 grams is a pretty funny thread. Ted even weighs in at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22490&start=104 . And we hear from the founder of Wert as well.

A little follow-up at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41480&p=391590 .

Also
On June 29, 2011 in Broken M5 rear hub, HammerTime2 wrote:
Mackers wrote:Congratulations on having been able to get more than a one-worded response out of them.
Well, here's another counterexample to the one-worded response.

Re: M5 Crank Availability Sat, May 19, 2007 11:00:55 AM
To: <Hammertime2>
We are machining them now after intensiv testing.

Please watch the site for latest release news

Will the cranks accept any 110 BCD chainrings? ========> Yes, only

What is the Q factor?=========> around 158 mm

Bram Moens/M5

----- Original Message -----
To: <info@m5-ligfietsen.nl>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 4:21 PM
Subject: M5 Crank Availability

> When will the M5 road cranks be available? I am interested in 110 BCD,
> 170 mm, (probably) heavy duty bottom bracket. Will the cranks accept
> any 110 BCD chainrings? What is the Q factor?
> Thank you,
> <Hammertime2>

Postscript: Still waiting for the M5 cranks 8)

And later that day in the same thread
HammerTime2 wrote:Well, maybe it's due to my foresight in sending my email on Saturday, but I received my reply very promptly, in 40 minutes.

Bram never did say in his email to me when the M5 cranks would be available (49 months and counting since then, ha, ha), but he did say we are machining them now after intensiv(e) testing".

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com