Ciamillo Again

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattr

by mattr

JensW wrote:and not go aluminium al the way :D
That's not the way Ted appears to work.

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

Martin.dk wrote:Well I wonder why anyone would even consider supporting a crook and thief like Ted.

/Martin

NEVER & NEVER

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bogan

by Bogan

Martin.dk wrote:Well I wonder why anyone would even consider supporting a crook and thief like Ted.

/Martin

Agree. I was wondering why the new cranks were even being discussed. Strange.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Sadly, he's been able to get a story ran on Bike Rumor covering the new cranks. A new round of suckers will be incoming for him.

CP

by CP

Spoiler; I don't want to flame Ted
I have dealt with Ted more than once. There was a time when he changed out the pivot arms on his first brakesets. After a few emails that were promptly responded to, he sent me new arms for free. Then I was slated to be a Crank and Gravitas "tester". Well, the crank project, at the time, never saw the light of day. As for the Gravitas, I was told by him that they were sent but were returned for some reason?????

I really have the impression that Ted is in way over his head. My earlier experiences with him were very good.

Did he ever rip me off? No. Ok the "tester" deal was, in my case, bogus but really, no harm done.

I understand the rage if you personally got ripped off though!

Hbrown

by Hbrown

I'm trying to give Ted A little room.
I am owed a set of black Micro's and a Crank.
My wait. 1.3 years for the crank, 6 mos for the black Micro's.

What else can I do?

The credit card protection has ran out. He is in another State. Not enough money to be a felony, not enough money for me to fly out to him. What else can I do but wait! I hope that Ted will catch up on his past orders.

But what I can't take is the emails asking me to buy Micro's at a special buy it now rate! And in the emails ( Available 5 sets at this rate) . WHERE ARE MY MICRO'S? If you have 5 available?

Ted Please! I own 4 sets of your brakes. One set of gold micro's, 2 sets of Gravitas, and one set of your early brakes. They are great! And I don't plan on taking them off any of my bikes, because they work! But I have waited patiently for the Gravitas crank and the black Micro's. Please give us, your users, a update on your status. A update on our status. Just please let us know something!

I know in the last email you told me of machine repairs, months ago. Have things changed since then? Now reading this thread, I see now there is a new crank version. I don't think that I am by myself in saying that any of us that have already paid and waiting for our cranks would settle on a older crank, and update our cranks later. We just want to have them in our hands.

Please let us know something! If our orders were lost, I can almost gaurentee, all that have ordered and are waiting, will be able to supply you with their orders. In the form of credit card receipts or email chains.

Ted please let us know something!

spookyload

by spookyload

Did you use paypal?

ms6073

by ms6073

Hbrown wrote:Not enough money to be a felony, not enough money for me to fly out to him. What else can I do but wait!

Since the transaction was conducted online, doesn't cases like this in which the internet was used constitute a wire communication via interstate commerce in which case it should fall under the jurisdiction of the federal wire fraud statute? Sure a single case is kind of weak but seems like in a discussion thread with 10 pages, if everyone who felt defrauded banded together to file criminal complaints, well I would think the threat of arrest for multiple counts of federal wire fraud would get someones attention real quick.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

...I think Ted is a millionaire now :)

mattr

by mattr

TBH the most telling thing about the whole sorry episode(s) is that Ted *hasn't* threatened anyone with any sort of legal action, or approached the owners of the site with anything like a cease and desist. Like speedplay would.
We know he reads the site, and can't have avoided this thread.
I suspect he knows exactly what he's doing.
And will continue doing it.

spookyload

by spookyload

I started a thread in April of last year when my brakes weren't coming. Prior to doing that Ted wouldn't reply to me at all. Once the thread was started, he shipped my brakes within days. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125615

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Yeah, when I warned everyone I got banned from the site. The only reason I can post now is because this forum resets after a few months, but I have no doubt this post will flag my IP and ban me again. All because I was once a "dealer" and told the truth, something that many are now finding out on their own.
carbonLORD.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Na, we already went down that road and there were plenty of people on this forum, and this thread that knew where I was coming from. Its all in the past now but one thing remains a constant, Ted and his inability to deliver to every customer in a timely manner. I am no longer a Ciamillo dealer which was a mutual decision. However my reasoning was because I do not want to be associated with a person who does not honor warranty and gives both consumer and distributor the same run around, be it, generating a tracking label that never ships, excuses of broken machinery, "the item was returned to me for no apparent reason" or flat out never resolving warranty or fulfilling customers orders.

My only purpose on this thread now is to warn any would be consumer or distributor exactly how Ted operates and to let you all know the two cranks I sent back for warranty over a year ago for my customers were never refunded, fulfilled or replaced. I still receive an email at least once a week asking if I can help others who purchased direct months, if not a year or more ago but sadly there is nothing I can do for them.

When I posted a review on Ciamillo's FaceBook page, Ted shut the page down, unfriended and blocked me from posting on his personal page. However, as it is a public profile, it appears that the cycling industry is not the only industry where he has taken peoples money and never delivered. Several posts from angry customers of his Lunocet that never received their products either.

This is not a coincidence that people from several forums all have the same problems. It is unfortunate as Ted makes an awesome brake set and if he would have stayed the course would have maintained a solid reputation, kept his relationships and would have made a decent amount of money without effectively ripping people off.
carbonLORD.com

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

i've been away from ww for about a year and can remember reading about this crank when it was first announced. sure looked interesting.

kinda funny that i haven't missed much in that time.

and i've passed on picking up a set of ciamillo brakes that i really liked (the red devil ones) only because i can remember the nightmare threads here on various of his products. i didn't want to deal with the headache, even if it was for product to be used on an occasionally-ridden bike.

:lol:

Bogan

by Bogan

jz4nyc wrote:
kinda funny that i haven't missed much in that time.

:lol:

Yep, it is a bit like a soap opera. You can rejoin the story at any point and the story hasn't changed!
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com