Shimano RS685 11sp Shifters mechanical shift

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Do these 11 speed STI units have the same cable pull ratio as Shimano 10 speed shifters?

If so do you just need to adjust the rear mech limit screws to "lose" the eleventh click/gear ?

Thanks.
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

eric01

by eric01

doubt it. Shimano 11sp and 10sp have very slight differences. You could probably adjust them so that most gears "work", but would get jumping in some combos.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Your best bet would be to use an 11 speed cassette and chain and leave off a cog.

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Your best bet would be to use an 11 speed cassette and chain and leave off a cog.

How would you stop the cassette from being loose, use spacers to pack the cassette off from the largest cog/ wheel side?
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Someone can correct me if my recollection is off, but if you get an 11 speed cassette with an 11 tooth cog, remove the 11 tooth cog and use a 12 tooth lock ring it will fit perfectly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattyNorm

by mattyNorm

Yes you're right @btompkins