CAAD10 Super Record crank

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

Hi all, merry christmas and a happy biking new year!

I will be purchasing the 2015 Stealth CAAD10 frameset this week from a local shop and as I have a campagnolo record group set to go on it the shop recommended that I don't install a BB30 SISL crankset in it but install a praxis adapter and put a super record chainset in there to keep the look consistent, plus they say BB30 is a nightmare and they spend a lot of time sorting out creaking chainsets. They rate the praxis insert very highly.

What do you folks think? I've never liked the idea of BB30 and love super record chainsets. Would the Q factor be affected? And do you install the super record BB cups as well as the praxis adaptor?

Thanks

Rhys.

Spanielsson

by Spanielsson

I've just ordered the Praxis BB for my CAAD10 build, installation is straightforward if you have the right tools....

https://praxiscycles.com/product/conv-bb-campagnolo/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

Praxis adapter replace need of Campy cups - basically these are "campy" cups in it.

Worked perfect on CX, works perfect on road bike ( both PF30, but it's same for bb30 / just need to remove plastic shim to fit bb30 /).

Installation is fast and easy. Just be carefull about rubber o-ring to not melt it by not holding nds cup, - only issue which you can cause .

2 bb (BSA) wrenches are crucial . search YT for instructional video , and follow.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Slagter

by Slagter

If you are running Campa Ultra torque crank, and want it to fit in a BB30, why don't you just buy the BB30 cupset?

stormur

by stormur

Because "old" design creaks even not installed, new are not (yet) available , and praxis is (proven) noisless . Only 1 minus is price . Way to expensive like for cups only…
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

GT56

by GT56

Slagter wrote:If you are running Campa Ultra torque crank, and want it to fit in a BB30, why don't you just buy the BB30 cupset?

[img]

these will wiggle out, the bearings hanging outboard not threaded in (like HTII) allways wil

any system other than praxis' or bbinfinite's (and kcnc - not sure if they do a campy conversion though) is programmed to creak

Slagter

by Slagter

Great info guys - thanks :thumbup:

I will buy this for my next project (sorry for hijacking the thread):

thecounty

by thecounty

I used a praxis bb w/shimamo cranks for all of 2014 season. Worked great, highly recommend. No creaking or weird noises and straightforward install.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

i have had 3 bikes with BB30 cranks and Campagnolo groups.

18,000 miles and no issues whatsoever.

YMMV

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com