power meters and italian threading

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well the race bike has italian threading and I would like a power meter. The pedal options are the obvious choice but as I have to buy a new chainset anyway this just adds to the cost. Power2max offer a FSA based crank compatible with italian threaded BB shells. Which other's do.

The 30mm axled options may work with this BB386 threaded cup available with italian threads. I am sure there others though. But which crank based power meters have a long enough axle? Rotor seem to have as they offer a BSA threaded version but will it actually work with 70mm shell. Info is a bit sketchy.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Rotor's 30mm cranks are all good for Italian threading. You just need to get the ITA30 BB from Rotor. Very simple.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nlouthan

by nlouthan

The Campagnolo P2M is compatible as well. You just need the ITA cups.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have been searching all afternoon and the U.K distributor page for the rotor BB said BSA thread only. I have now found them!

eric

by eric

Sram make an Italian thread GXP BB. You could use that and one of the many GXP Quark PMs.
I've found that Sram's GXP external BBs are pretty decent- they don't have much drag and I've yet to have one go bad.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

That is a good option eric thanks.

mimason

by mimason

Stages? left crank only.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Stages do not do Campagnolo left crank arms yet. The bike will have super record RS on it once it is repainted. Putting a shimano or SRAM crank on it will just look odd.

I have just been looking at the Verve info cranks but am unsure if an Italian thread BB386 will work with these cranks. I quite like the look of them. Pedals would be cheaper though.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Seen that last night not sure how I missed it previously and they do get good reports. Now it is a shame they do not sell the power meter speratley so I can mount it on super record RS cranks like they do with the other options.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Verve has confirmed they are releasing a 24mm axled crankset that can be used with Italian threading in January so it is this or the Power2max chainset. One looks nicer one is on paper a better power meter. Which one.......I have a think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com