Scott Foil,Cannondale Supersix Evo,Felt AR FRD, which one?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

el condor

by el condor

Need a new bike but can't make up my mind, I have some good offers on all three bikes, how do these frames compare? Never ridden any of those.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.

finnrambo

by finnrambo

I have an Evo, I find it's scary stiff. I haven't seen much of the others but I heard the Foil was super aero while still being fairly stiff, and the Felt AR wasn't much of either (could be wrong).

I have an Evo Hi-Mod and I love it, it's supposed to be one of the stiffest frames out there and it's very light. You certainly can't go wrong with it.

Try all of the frames if you can and see what you like best.
Canadian Junior racer and Product Reviewer: Finn Blackburn
Blog: https://finnblackburncycling.wordpress.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

I don't know about the Felt (except that in the UK at least their warranty sucks) but between the Evo and Foil I'd go with the Foil specifically for crits / flat races and the Evo for everything else. Not that the Foil is bad for climbing or long rides but the Evo is fantastic.

davidalone

by davidalone

my team is sponsored by scott. while a perfectly capable machine, I don't particularly like the foil. it's very stiff, and the ride is to be honest not very remarkable. it feels very... wooden. it handles nicely and is a good race bike, but is not particularly special.

the older felt ARs weren't much to shout about, but I think the IA FRD is a class effort, with some pretty goood tunnel numbers right up there with th best like the propel and the S5

el condor

by el condor

Thanks for all the input so far, it seems that the Felt AR FRD isn't so popular (yet), anyone riding it and can throw in some first hand experience?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I can't say anything about any bike except for Foil.
I find it harsh so i could not recommend it.
If anything, those i've spoken to which has owned Foil and now own Addict, likes Addict better.
It feels better obviously.
I think Foil is harsh mainly to tubes construction.
I don't think you'd ride any faster on a Foil than on an Addict.
Yes, i have owned a Foil. Happy to say, i managed to get it sold.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nfecyle

by nfecyle

I am riding foil. I had superaux before. I found those 2 similar in term of harshness and stiffness. I dont mind of those as i prefer it that way. Foil feels faster on the flat while supersix om the climbing. Handling the foil though is exceptional. I wanted to have fast and stuff bike and in foil i get. For other else, i use my open mold, which is more like all around bike.