panaracer type a evo 2 tire (clinchers)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Anyone used these long term? I'm considering them instead of Schwalbe One (clincher tires).
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

I used the evos a few years ago. They had terrible traction in the wet, like billiard balls on a greased cookie sheet. I was so scared I took them off and threw them away. I was bummed because the previous model was pretty good in the wet, as were the tires they made for Performance.

I've settled on Conti GP4000S tires for training and even some races. Decent traction in the wet, about twice the mileage of Michelin GP4s, and acceptable flat resistance. Plus low rolling resistance. Ride is not as good as the Michelins but it's ok. Load up when one of the UK mail order houses has a sale.

davidalone

by davidalone

have the tubular version. it's a decent tyre. Quite similar to vittoria corsas if not as supple and harder wearing. I would say they ride like Michelin Pro 3s, but last longer.

grouk

by grouk

6 months using it for training, decent tyre bad in wet

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

I've got 'em on my Felt, and I think they're a pretty decent tire. They roll nice, don't puncture too easily, and wear pretty good. I only really use 'em for racing, when I'm not using my tubs, or on fast training/group rides. I live in Arizona, so wet weather testing isn't really feasible for me!!

I'd definitely buy 'em again, and I saw yesterday that Excel Sports, in Colorado had 'em for $30 USD.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Thanks for the responses. Riding when it's wet is a concern so I'm going to stay away from them.
Speedplay is the devil!

wojchiech

by wojchiech

Don't know about the evo tires, but I run Paselas on everything but my race wheels. The Tour/Pro Guard versions have excellent flat protection, decent grip in wet, good mileage (Usually get 2500-3000km per tire) and the kevlar beaded versions are a respectable weight (< 250g for the 23c size). And if you care about looks, the tan sidewalls add some class (as well as supple comfort) to your ride. Price is good too, usually < $35 USD for the kevlar bead / ~$25 USD for the steel bead.

Zitter

by Zitter

The new Gravelking in 26c (also come in 28/32) is really really good. It's like a cheaper more durable Pave

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com