Please help identify the frame manufacturer/model

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

helldiver

by helldiver

Hello,

Some time ago, i bought a small carbon-framed (lugged construction) road bicycle for my girlfriend and i'm curios which model/manufacturer it is.
I know a little about empella marque, but they don't list anything resembling that frame on their site.
When i researching further i discovered, that they (empella) offer rebuild/repaint of any bike as a service, so i think this will be that case, anyone has a clue what's the frame origin ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

It matters where you are in the world. Did you not think to state this in your profile? Whrere are Empella based?

If you are in the UK ... a repainted Trigon?

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Looks like a Time to me. Is the top tube profiled in any way?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Miller

by Miller

It's got an inflated section through the middle of the down tube, don't think that was ever a feature of Time frames? It's a weird feature to be sure.

skiezo

by skiezo

It almost looks like a 20006/07 Bianchi 928 lugged carbon frame.

danbjpa

by danbjpa

+1 for 928. Like this

Check the detail on head tube and the cavity on chainstay (i cant see in the pic). The fork seems changed.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

skiezo

by skiezo

If it is indeed the Lugged 928 they are a well made and great riding frame. I have a 07 in a 56cm and it is a great ride. Very comfortable for longer rides and not so stiff that it beats you up.

helldiver

by helldiver

Thank you very much guys ! It indeed looks very much like an lugged bianchi 928, lug and tube shapes looks identical, the only differences seems to be no cavities in chainstays (but they are shaped identically) and no detail/recession on front of the headtube.
I wonder if that could be some pre-production bianchi prototype (without details), which somehow ended in the hands of Empella (Dutch company) employee and he finished it with paint and and color scheme he was familiar with ?
I guess i will never now, but nevertheless, it's a very nice frame to ride (i've ridden it only once, because it's bit too small for my size), my girlfriend loves it, and that's what really matters :D .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

The tubes look like they're the Dedacci carbon frame kit tubes that were sold to frame builders a few years ago.