Wraith Fabrication Hustle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tinozee

by tinozee

I thought it was $450 as well and couldn't figure out how they could possibly offer that deal.

Benno

by Benno

The first impression I got of the site was that the frame/fork sold for $460.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Why are they selling beach cruisers marketed as "racing frames".

387mm reach, 582mm stack on the M/L.
386mm reach, 504mm stack on a 49cm Tarmac.

Obviously STA is way different, but dude are you serious? This has 2mm more stack than a 56cm Cervelo R series, that's scary. Or maybe I'm not as well versed in geometry as I thought? I'd love for someone to shed some light on to this for me. :)

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

This is quite easily explained. Specialized are not good at sizing. The Tarmac has always had a wacky size progression and they refuse to change it. Note that the small sizes have a lot of reach but don't progress for Stack.

The problem for Wraith is highlighted by my skilfully (in snipping tool) drawn oval. That is the region in which small-medium (51-55) frames usually sit. Note there is no Wraith in this region. The sizes skip from smaller than a Cervelo R3 51 to equal to the 56.

I'd suggest that, given the design flexibility Steel offers, it would be worth revising the Wraith sizing to have a more evenly spaced and logical progression of Reach/Stack. And decide on a philosophy - low or tall (or both...).
Wraith.PNG

bluesea

by bluesea

Why is the CX disc frame spaced at 132.5? I'd imagine there must be gads of riders rockin' 130 disc rears.