Stiffness difference between Canyon CF SLX and Aeroad?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

el condor

by el condor

My bike got stolen so I'm in the market for a new one. Any one got some first hand impressions on both bikes from Canyon, the Aeroad and the CF SLX (2010 or 2013 model)? How do they compare stiffness wise-especially front end?
I was running a 10 speed DA Di2 group set with a 7800 crank, was happy with it, how would the DA 11 speed DI2 compare?
Thanks for the input.

sawyer

by sawyer

el condor wrote:My bike got stolen so I'm in the market for a new one. Any one got some first hand impressions on both bikes from Canyon, the Aeroad and the CF SLX (2010 or 2013 model)? How do they compare stiffness wise-especially front end?
I was running a 10 speed DA Di2 group set with a 7800 crank, was happy with it, how would the DA 11 speed DI2 compare?
Thanks for the input.

The 2010 CF SLX is very very stiff at the front end - it has a super-oversized headtube/steerer

It is stiffer at the front end than the Aeroad (have owned the former, and ridden a friend's aeroad)

The 2013 CF SLX has a normal oversized H-T , and I'd expect would be a bit less stiff than the previous CF SLX
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com