Crumpton T5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kij

by kij

Hi All,

In honor of Nick updating his web site (http://www.crumptoncycles.com), I thought I would let the forum know what a great experience I had working with him on this bike.

First of all the decision to go "custom" once made, really felt right and the final resulting fit of this bike is off the charts. From the moment I unpacked it from the shipping box and assembled the handlebars and front brake, the fit was weirdly perfect. In my brain there should have been some fine tuning but none was needed. 1000 kilometers later I tilted the handlebars slightly down, my only adjustment.

Since I am not a fan of big industry in general terms, working with a craftsman is always preferable. My experience with mass production in Asia is not very good. I used work in the loudspeaker industry and saw famous brands going down the same assembly much like whats happens in the bicycle industry. With the factory getting free R&D off of their OEM customers. Sure the economy of scale is there, but for me nothing else feels good about it, although we can not completely separate ourselves from the industry.

I waited a long time for Nick to build the bike, during which time he developed his own tube manufacturing and came out with a new model. I wanted a really great all around ride that could do the everyday ride and the occasional race. The bike had to be sensible and I didn't want to use parts that were of questionable durability due to my location in Bangkok Thailand where finding parts can be difficult. The result is exactly what I asked for and I am very grateful to own this bike.

One thing I would like to point out is that the cost of this bike was pretty much in line with any other top of the line bike and Nick was very gracious on passing along the discounts he received on several of the key parts. There was a massive amount of integrity in the way I was treated as a customer, hats off.

The weight of this bike fully equipped is 6.3K or 6.4k with a saddle bag with a spare tube and car keys in it.
Attachments
Crumpton T5 (2 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (3 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (1 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (4 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (5 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (6 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (7 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (8 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (9 of 10).jpg
Crumpton T5 (10 of 10).jpg

coppercook62

by coppercook62

class guy. awesome bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric01

by eric01

Beautiful bike. Nice understated look. Planning on cutting that fork steerer tube down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

kode54

by kode54

looks stellar. great build. only comment is that your shifters don't look straight....seems angled in slightly.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kij

by kij

In answer to the questions:

1. I have changed the height of handlebars moving all spacers below, I'm not real flexible.

2. Your right those picture were literally taken a couple of hours after the unboxing, the shifters were a little off angle, thats been sorted.

3. Probably won't have a chance to post any other pictures at the moment but will try.