Hylix - Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sjg14

by sjg14

Hi, I bought a 110 stem on ebay and it worked fine however it flexed more than any stem I have ever used. Very light weight though!

duvivr6

by duvivr6

its pretty much like every other ebay/china stem with hylix brand on it. They are perfectly fine, you can normally find the unbranded ones for $20ish shipped from china. Sometimes less.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cheers!

by Cheers!

I thought the go to ebay cheap stem was the Kalloy stem.

jamesbass

by jamesbass

Just bought an 80mm Hylix from ebay seller liukang1985 with titanium bolts.

92.6g for £15.90 and free shipping to the UK (took 3 weeks). Can't feel any difference between this and my alloy stem on my winter bike but it's only had 1 ride.

Omiar

by Omiar

I put the Hylix stem on my 29" MTB along with a generic carbon handlebar. I'm above average in height and weight and I cannot feel any flex. I've put my bike through very rough terrain in the past two weeks and also tried to flex them on asfalt roads when accelerating. Im quite pleased with the value for money.

I like the clamp design more on the aluminium version than on the carbon version. From my experience, the wider the clamp mounts are, the less flex.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

dastott

by dastott

Anyone here using the Hylix Ergonva carbon bars? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hylix-ERGONOVA- ... w4VN8xDGLQ

Marin

by Marin

I'm using generic "Ergonova"-Style carbon bars off aliexpress and they've been fine for me for the past 18 months. Very comfy with the ovalised tops, too.

jamesbass

by jamesbass

dastott wrote:Anyone here using the Hylix Ergonva carbon bars? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hylix-ERGONOVA- ... w4VN8xDGLQ

Yes. I got them from the same seller I mentioned above, liukang1985, on eBay. Seem quite stiff & a nice finish, with grippy surfaces for the clamping points but don't believe the listed weight. Mine came in at 207g.