2015 S-Works Crank Assembly

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kentbrockman

by kentbrockman

Just picked up my new 2015 Spec S-Works Tarmac. So far I'm very impressed with the build & paint quality.

I do have a question about the S-Works crank assembly. From the diagram on the Specialized site there should be a NDS "adjustable cover". In my build (from my local shop), this piece is absent.

Can anyone with a 2015 S-Works crankset verify the presence of the NDS "adjustable cover"?

image.jpg

mpower

by mpower

My recent new Tarmac build has this #2 part installed. I think it is a must item as it is meant to tighten the non drive crank. It has three tiny screws to tighten it. How can it be absent as this would be a incomplete installation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

newforker

by newforker

Should be in the little plastic bag with the lockring, drive side spacer, bearings and cups.

Just installed one the other day, it is used to adjust pre-load on the crank after torquing the hirth joint.

Really nice cranks!!!

kentbrockman

by kentbrockman

newforker wrote:Should be in the little plastic bag with the lockring, drive side spacer, bearings and cups.

Just installed one the other day, it is used to adjust pre-load on the crank after torquing the hirth joint.

Really nice cranks!!!

Ok, I'm an idiot. There was so much grease the tiny screws were obscured.

Killer looking crankset though!