Caad 9 low stack headset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cure

by cure

Hello,

Any CAAD9 ers out there still? :oops:

Its been a while since I visited this place. I've posted years back when i first got my caad9 4. I had also asked about lower stack headsets compatible with this frame. I still ride and love this bike. I'm revisiting in hopes to find only a cover or a cheap full headset with a stack of no more than 5mm. I read many things about campy, fsa, ritch, cane creek, etc but what I'm really wondering is what are the sizes and if there is weather sealing under that cover cap. The stock cane creek i think ppl are saying its a 25mm cone but it has a rubber seal and i like that idea. I read someone said they used chorus measured 46mm o/d but where can i find just the cap? the full headset runs expensive already... I went to my lbs the other day and they showed me some old rusted ones (i'm assuming i still have to pay for that? but decided to wait and see if ebay had something similar)

If there is hard evidence in a size/brand then please list the links for me. I'm looking for a black cover btw. Also will my current expansion bolt ...IS thingy and the top cap work together with a new 3rd party cover cap?

Yes I'm completely clueless when it comes to this. So i come here for expert advice :D

thanks guys!
i love udon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraz

by uraz

Try to look for Tange-Seiki IS24

cure

by cure

oh cool, its 8.1mm stack. thank you!

I found this site on cane creek http://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

that will find a headset of the make. there was no caad 9 option so i picked caad 8, im not sure if the headtube is the same size however or caad 10.

I see in the headset calls out 41.8 diameter, but cane creeks headset finder doesnt even give that option, 41 or 42mm? Even in their website under products, they show up only as 41 or 42mm. I did email them about this concern but not sure when they will respond.
i love udon.