which fork?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

I'm planning to rebuild my steel Fondriest frame. I love the fit, the feel about it. The flex of the frame "WORKS" awesome. however, the fork, must go. downhills and climbing out of the saddle are what keep this bike from being almost perfect.
I need a 1-1/8" fork, all carbon.
should I go with 3t Ridgida, or an enve?
or can someone direct me to some recently written reviews or posts that do a nice job reviewing a particular road fork?
thanks all

sungod

by sungod

unfortunately the forum search doesn't allow 'fork' as a search term

fwiw last year i swapped to the enve 2.0 fork (from columbus minimal), and it was a huge improvement...

no more understeer on fast/aggressive cornering
ok on most road surfaces, only get buzz on really rough tarmac
no noticeable flex when pushing/pulling on the bars

i'm c. 77kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tantra

by tantra

The Enve 1.0 is an awesome fork. Light, reasonably stiff, with a wonderful ride quality. Do you know the offset (rake) of your current fork? If you like the handling of your bike with the old fork, you should keep the offset the same. More offset gives faster turning which can lead to squirreliness. Less offset gives more stability but with slower turning and more sluggish handling.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I believe that this is the other way around, Tantra. More offset (45) stable at speed, slower turns. less offset (43 and less) faster steering. but ofcourse that all depends on the angles of the frame as well.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

tantra

by tantra

Frankie - B wrote:I believe that this is the other way around, Tantra. More offset (45) stable at speed, slower turns. less offset (43 and less) faster steering. but ofcourse that all depends on the angles of the frame as well.

No, it is correct as written. More offset (rake) = less trail = faster turning. See Lennard Zinn's discussion: http://velonews.competitor.com/2004/12/ ... ffset_7322.