Shimano D-Fly w/Garmin

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Seat tube for me..
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

amb001

by amb001

I've mounted 3 of mine in the top tube (just by the head tube) of my bikes and one in the seat tube. All work fine with no signal or setup issues

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lbs0927

by lbs0927

D-fly unit is perfect!!

dha

by dha

A quick test in the house (not yet ridden outside with it) and it works fine in the seat tube.

Out of interest how does it know your gear ratio? I can't find anywhere to input the data onto the garmin

strangely

by strangely

dha wrote:A quick test in the house (not yet ridden outside with it) and it works fine in the seat tube.

Out of interest how does it know your gear ratio? I can't find anywhere to input the data onto the garmin

You input this in the sensor screen. Not sure its exactly the same but on the Edge 1K you swipe down to bring down the overlay, then click the sensor part, then click on the D-fly (or whatever you have it named), and then click sensor details. Each of the ratios are set from the respective "Front Gears" or "Rear Gears" when you click them.

dha

by dha

Ahh thanks, will take a look. Edge 510 is what I am using but suspect it will be similar

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I recently got my setup to work well. If you have any questions you can PM me.

allenpg

by allenpg

Has anyone found a place to analyze their D-Fly data paired with their power data. I've tried Strava, Garmin Connect, and Training Peaks...nothing seems to show the fields. Thanks!

-Pete

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Try di2stats.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

For those using the D-Fly with a Garmin 510, what do the DA shifter buttons do when you press them? Do they replicate the lap and start/stop buttons on the Garmin 510? Thanks.

allenpg

by allenpg

I tried Di2stats and it's nice, but would rather have complete integration. It looks the major sites don't support it yet.

dha

by dha

pdlpsher1 wrote:For those using the D-Fly with a Garmin 510, what do the DA shifter buttons do when you press them? Do they replicate the lap and start/stop buttons on the Garmin 510? Thanks.

I think it is set up as standard to scroll through the screens on your garmin (if you have more than one page in use). You can customise it on the etube software. I can't recall all the options but scroll screens and stop/start are certainly ones you can configure.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

pdlpsher1 wrote:For those using the D-Fly with a Garmin 510, what do the DA shifter buttons do when you press them? Do they replicate the lap and start/stop buttons on the Garmin 510? Thanks.

On my 1000 short press is forward and back on screens. Long press left brings up map screen, long press right puts on back light.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Thank you for the responses! I have another question. How do you 'wake' up the D-Fly so that it could be paired with the Garmin before your ride?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I just got a new bike with d-fly and I think we have to update he garmin software first then give room on the screen for showing d-fly data. Will try tomorrow and let you know.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com