Shimano D-Fly w/Garmin

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timmy269

by Timmy269

A couple off people that i know in Belgium say that de D-fly only works with the Garmin 1000 and not with the Edge 810.

Is this correct?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MNX1024

by MNX1024

From what I remember, you may need to use a beta firmware for the Edge 810, I could be wrong though. Check Garmin's forum, think I read it from there.

grouk

by grouk

i have a 810 and is working with me

Timmy269

by Timmy269

grouk wrote:i have a 810 and is working with me

Which firmware do you use? Do you have a picture of the screen?

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Timmy269 wrote:
grouk wrote:i have a 810 and is working with me

Which firmware do you use? Do you have a picture of the screen?

Timmy, it is Garmin Beta 3.28, here is a link:
http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... sp?id=7573

Change History
Changes made from version 3.24 to 3.28:
    Several changes to the elevation profile to improve zooming and scrolling.
    Fixed a shutdown when using 'Back to Start.'
    Fixed several issues with editing Shimano Di2 gear setup.
    Added options menus to the Course, Segment, and Workout lists.
    Added file searching for Courses, Segments, and Workouts.
    Fixed pairing issues with Shimano Di2 shifters.
    Added Time Ahead/Behind and Distance Ahead/Behind as configurable data fields on all timer loop pages.
    Added the ability to edit segment map data fields.

Changes made from version 3.23 to 3.24:
    Fixed uploads over Garmin Connect Mobile. Phone pairing information has been reset and will need to be setup again.

Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.23:New feature! Added Segment support.
    To use segments, go to connect.garmin.com to find or create segments. Then, connect the device to your computer via USB cable and send the segments to your device. Once your segments have been downloaded to the device, disconnect from your computer. Then press the folder icon > Segments to access the list of segments on your device. After sending segments to your device, simply go ride through them to test the on device experience!
    New feature! Added Edge Remote sensor support.
    New feature! Added Shimano Di2 sensor support.
    Improvements to the elevation profile to fit the data to the graph and display upcoming elevation while riding a course or segment.
    Added a stop button on the map page. This button is used to stop a currently running course or segment and is only displayed if one of those features is in use.
    Added turn guidance and off course warnings settings for courses. These can be accessed through the menu button in the bottom right corner of the course list page. (Folder icon > Courses > Menu Button)

Timmy269

by Timmy269

I just have uploaded the beta software tot my garmin edge810 and now I will put in the trainingpage's but it doesn't work. It stays ons 0. I can not see my speed, cadance, ....
Also i looked if i could set my auto paused and also did not work, it stays on out.

Can onyone help me?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Timmy269 wrote:I just have uploaded the beta software tot my garmin edge810 and now I will put in the trainingpage's but it doesn't work. It stays ons 0. I can not see my speed, cadance, ....
Also i looked if i could set my auto paused and also did not work, it stays on out.

Can onyone help me?

Thread is for the d-fly which has nothing to do with speed,cadence etc. ???
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Timmy269

by Timmy269

Thanks, I know. But I had upgrade the software and suddenly it didn't displays the speed, cadance and other thins.
I have reset the garmin and it works just fine now.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Timmy269 wrote:Thanks, I know. But I had upgrade the software and suddenly it didn't displays the speed, cadance and other thins.

probably didn't connect to the sensors automagically.... sometimes I have to power off my edge1000 , then on again and everything connects.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Timmy269 wrote:Thanks, I know. But I had upgrade the software and suddenly it didn't displays the speed, cadance and other thins.

Timmy, try a master reset and then repair all your sensors.

http://youtu.be/skadqDrVAbk

kij

by kij

My wireless unit is now dis-conecting from the Garmin and when I check with the Shimano programmer it is sometimes coming up with errors and sometimes not. When an error occurs its seems like a complete system shutdown is necessary to restore it but then the problem resurfaces again.

I thought it was that I had installed in the seat post but after the relocation to under the Garmin, the issue is still there.

Any thoughts?

goodboyr

by goodboyr

That sounds like one of your wiring connections is not seated fully and thus is intermittent. Make sure they "click" when they are inserted.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

New edge 1000 firmware just out. Allows you to control edge remotely via the hidden buttons on 9070 sti shifters.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

New 810 firmware is also out:

This software update can be downloaded by using Garmin Express. Please note that once a software update is released it can take up to 24 hours before Garmin Express provides this update to all users.

Changes made from 3.20 to 3.40:

• New feature! Added Segment support.
  • To use segments, go to connect.garmin.com to find or create segments. Then, connect the device to your computer via USB cable and send the segments to your device. Once your segments have been downloaded to the device, disconnect from your computer. Then press the folder icon > Segments to access the list of segments on your device. After sending segments to your device, simply go ride through them to see the on-device experience!
  • New feature! Added Edge Remote sensor support.
  • New feature! Added Shimano Di2 sensor support with Dura Ace remote controls.
  • New Feature! Added Vector Cycling Dynamics support that adds data fields and data recording for Power Phase (PP) and Platform Center Offset (PCO).
  • Improvements to the elevation profile to fit the data to the graph and display upcoming elevation while riding a course or segment.
  • Added a stop button on the map page. This button is used to stop a currently running course or segment and is only displayed if one of those features is in use.
  • Added turn guidance and off course warnings settings for courses. These can be accessed through the menu button in the bottom right corner of the course list page. (Folder icon > Courses > Menu Button)
  • Fixed uploads over Garmin Connect Mobile. Phone pairing information has been reset and will need to be setup again.
  • Made several improvements to elevation profile zooming and scrolling.
  • Fixed a shutdown when using 'Back to Start.'
  • Added options menus to the Course, Segment, and Workout lists.
  • Added file searching for Courses, Segments, and Workouts.
  • Added Time Ahead/Behind and Distance Ahead/Behind as configurable data fields on all timer loop pages.
  • Added the ability to edit segment map data fields.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

off topic...but cycling dynamics for the vectors is out too