Prologo CPC Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

To change position on a CPC saddle is it the case that you have to pull your backside off one and then re-position, or do they allow a certain amount of sliding?

Any general comments from users? Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

I've been using a Scratch CPC for about 3 weeks, coming off standard Scratch models for the last 5 years. So far, so good. I like it. It has some grip, but not too much. In truth, I don't really even notice it, which in my mind makes for the ultimate saddle.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

bman11

by bman11

I am very interested in hearing more about the CPC's also. I have been contemplating a switch from the Nago Evo Nack that I have been on for 3 years, to the CPC version. I just haven't been able to make myself pull the trigger.
Just dig in and climb it!!!

Danza

by Danza

Been riding a Nago Evo CPC for ~4 months I so. I don't really notice the CPC at all, this is also the first Nago Evo I've used so I'm not sure if my general positive attitude towards the saddle is the shape or the material.

You shouldn't have any issues moving around if you need to, it's just a little bit more friction.

boysa

by boysa

To follow up, I headed out for a long one today and intended to focus on how much movement the saddle allows.

115 miles later... I never got around to it. I completely forgot because the saddle never crossed my mind once. Not during easy or hard efforts, regardless of terrain or intensity.

Long story, short... The thing just works.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Thanks for your comments. You have to say that CPC saddles have gained pretty much wide acceptance amongst those pro riders on Prologo.

boysa

by boysa

Sure seems that way. In truth, my only concern is whether they cause additional wear on my shorts. Obviously not an issue for sponsored riders.

Unfortunately, only time will tell.

by 11.4

I've been on at couple CPC Nago Evo's for almost six months in combination with several non-CPC Nago Evo's. I do notice which version I'm riding, because the CPC definitely has more tack, or resistance to sliding. I haven't seen any unusual wear on bibs from using the CPC. When I'm actually riding the CPC, I don't really notice it, any more than I did the non-CPC Nago Evo. Actually, the only point I remember what I'm riding is when I swing a leg over the saddle -- if you catch the texture with your shorts you don't quite land right, but you just have to lift up and readjust just like on many saddles. There's about 1200 miles on one set up on my primary track bike and about 1600 miles on a road bike. No sign that the texture is deteriorating either, and I've ridden the track one in some indoor situations where I was covered in perspiration and a road one in some very wet and muddy road situations -- I didn't ride cross on the saddles but in clay-filled washout on roads, with a solid streak up my back, it didn't clog the texture, damage it, or not clean up afterwards.

When I'm racing on the track, I do sometimes want to adjust my position on the saddle without lifting up or otherwise accommodating the tack of the saddle. I have a Nago Evo adjusted perfectly so I naturally sit in the right place all the time and can slide forward just a bit in a sprint or whatever without issues -- I think many people moving around a lot on a saddle need to think about readjusting their saddle position a bit because a lot of need for movement is related to suboptimal position. In short, it's the one place where I notice the difference and might not want to use a CPC saddle. For an elite rider doing a triathlon there might be a little bit of an issue like this, but probably dependent on the rider. For road, I can't imagine an issue.

Is CPC actually better? Id tend to say so. Not earthshaking, but it lets you keep your position on the saddle a little better. If that's of interest to you, then try it. I wouldn't buy one just because I thought it would change my ride from a non-CPC version, but if I were having to get a new saddle anyway, I think the CPC feature isn't a detriment and it also comes with a few minor improvements in terms of chafing surfaces on the sides, etc. etc., that are worth getting it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com