New Selle San Marco Mantra 2015 Wide

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Omcannondale

by Omcannondale

Hello Everybody,

i'm using a Specialized Chicane on my road bike and I'm thinking about testing the new Selle San Marco Mantra 2015 in wide model. Has any one tried? I think is beatiful and so light.

At this moment, the Chicane makes me feel numbness on perineal zone and perhaps the Mantra can solve it.

Thanks in advance,

too crusty

by too crusty

Have the pre-2014 model and I like mine. In fact trying to get another one for my "other bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The Mantra is a good saddle. We can give you all the advice you want, but you won't know until you try it for yourself.
It took me a while to find the right fore-aft positioning with the change to the Mantra so don't be shy about fiddling with it as it won't be a cut and paste item from your old saddle.
The current Mantra is slightly over 140mm wide but has a slight slope off to the sides so it plays perhaps a bit narrower, but not much. The current standard model might be wide enough for you, unless you need 150mm or so.

mattyNor

by mattyNor

I'm running a mantra and absolutely love it! Past saddles I've used were a 146 toupe and romin. All those three have something like 113mm of usable space it I recall correctly.

Weaponofchoice

by Weaponofchoice

I tried the Mantra on my friend's bike. Didnt like the hardness. Went with the new Astute instead..