Campy derailleur cables with Aican housing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

2015 SR shifters come with Campy derailleur cables pre-installed. Has anyone used them successfully with non-Campy segmented housings such as Aican or I-Link? I know the rear derailleurs are finicky and sensitive to friction -- wondering if this combo will cause any issues. Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pino76

by pino76

I run the original inner cable with I-links mini for over 2 years, no problem at all. :lol:

spud

by spud

YMMV

my wife had nokon on one of her campy bikes and the shifting turned to crap after a year and a half. Other older bike with Campy housing was such much better, so we changed it out and all is well again.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

:shock: a year and a half is a really long time to expect the cables to just be fine.
With the Nokons you prolly needed to fit new liners and at least give the cables a good clean
High end parts fall in to the equivalent of racing car stuff. Putting hundreds of kms a week on them and not servicing stuff or expecting it to just work is totally crazy :noidea:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I'm running Aican with Centaur shifters for the last year and a bit with no issues. Shifting got better once we added a couple more segments into the RD housing bend to smooth it out a bit. I actually took delivery of the 2015 SR shifters this morning so will be swapping them out over the next couple of weeks with same housing but new cables

spud

by spud

sugarkane wrote::shock: a year and a half is a really long time to expect the cables to just be fine.
With the Nokons you prolly needed to fit new liners and at least give the cables a good clean
High end parts fall in to the equivalent of racing car stuff. Putting hundreds of kms a week on them and not servicing stuff or expecting it to just work is totally crazy :noidea:

perhaps - I'm not the target customer, since I've relied on standard housing to do the job. And it does, for a long time, both on Campy and Shimano.

But the wife's nokon bike is one of 3 she rides, so it did not see that much mileage before it crapped out.

phollingswo

by phollingswo

Does anyone know where you can get just the campa ergopower cable housing? I've just bought a new groupset, comes with the cables, but I don't want to have to buy a whole new cableset just for the outers!

Any ideas? I'm in the UK.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Dunno if you can online, but ask your nearest LBS they should be able sort you out if they are nice enough, I know mine would

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com