trek madone 3.1 2011

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

av520

by av520

Hello everyone, do you have an idea how abt the weight of trek madone 3.1 2011, it has a apex crank other 105 (size 54), also i need frame-fork weight, i have an option to have this one in good conditions, but it looks heavy, well not sure, thank you...

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Those things are tank-like heavy. It's easily over 18lbs in that size, and I wouldn't be surprised if it pushed 20lbs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Yeah it will be over 18lbs but its mostly because of the heavy wheels and components. If it fits and you want to upgrade it overtime it could be a good deal. Something you can ride and make changes at you see fit. I love my 2009 Madone 4 series and its grown with me as I've matured in cycling. It still weighs a lot mostly because of the SMP saddle and Mavic SLS wheels. When I change those it should be around 7kgs.

av520

by av520

Thank you friends, i hope its frame-fork is tank-like too :)

I have light token wheels 1500 gr and ultra light tyres-tubes, i will use 160 gr saddle and 120 gr seatpost, i will use a 100 gr stem, well i have a sram red crank and i will probably use it, i will use a kmc sl 10 gold chain, i'll use an ultegra casette, i 'll have a 190 gr handlebar soon, i have some small ultra light part also, so it would be nearly 7 kg i hope,

it looks like everything but the frame-fork :))))