Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbon Clincher Wheelset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RM27

by RM27

Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to give these a try.

fogman

by fogman

RM27 wrote:Also has anyone found a Campagnolo version that's available? All sites (including Starbike) say on order. May just get the Shimano version and use an Ultegra 11 speed cassette.

You can order the wheels with the Shimano freehub and swap to a Campy freehub if you don't feel like waiting for the Campagnolo version.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RM27

by RM27

Already placed the order. I figure 11 speed cassette's are so close in spacing that I'll give Shimano a try. Otherwise as you mentioned I will change the free hub to Campagnolo.

morkm

by morkm

Velonews did an article a few months back stating that with 11Speed, Campy and Shimano/SRAM are pretty much the exact same spacing, so should work fine. And Shimano cassettes should be much cheaper than Campy. Any report on the wheels? I'm a big Fulcrum fan and I'm curious as to how stiff these Racing Zero Carbons are. Thanks for any update.

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

Hi,

Really interested to try a Tubuless since "review" said that it has lower rolling resistance. I would like to know if this Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbon is Tubeless compatible or not? I could not find any information regarding this important fact anywhere on their site.

Anybody able to help?

Thanks,
A.W

corky

by corky

Fulcrum tubeless approved wheel sets are labelled as '2 way fit'...... So I think the plain old ally rimmed zero is tubeless approved but the carbon is not.

cAmpagnolo/fulcrum have missed a trick with their latest carbon rims, there is a recent upsurge of interest with the latest tubeless tires from Schwalbe,Vittoria etc.

Having said that, they may just come out and say that they are compatible later on down the line....

ps I bet many folk are experimenting with these rims in a tubeless config without 'approval'

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

Hi Corky,

Thanks for pointing the "2-way fit" feature. I just realize that on the Alum version is 2-way fit but on the carbon clincher.
Aside of that, isn't it dangerous to run regular clincher rim with tubeless?

A.W

corky

by corky

wangsanegara wrote:Hi Corky,

Thanks for pointing the "2-way fit" feature. I just realize that on the Alum version is 2-way fit but on the carbon clincher.
Aside of that, isn't it dangerous to run regular clincher rim with tubeless?

A.W

Mmmmmmm depends who you talk to. I would never advise it, it's a matter of personal risk tbh.

chaamp1

by chaamp1

I have been using the fulcrum zero carbon for a couple of months now, mainly for flats and climb and its a superb wheelset for the price. The main reason I bought this wheelset was because of the weight. Below you can see the comparison for a decent set of wheels.

Fulcrum zero carbon: 1358g 30mm
Bora 35: 1406g 35mm
Zipp 202NSW: 1375g 32mm
Zipp 202: 1450g 32mm

Fulcrum Zero Carbon is the lightest of this group of decent wheel sets, unless you willing to get an Enve 3.4 which weight at 1320g 35/45mm

I found that the wheel is still quite slippery in wet condition but its manageable. I have done hard braking during decent and the 3Diamond brakes was making this sharp braking noice but I didn't notice any damage on the wheel, braking surface is still look brand new after intensive braking. Another added benefit was the zero carbon does have a good amount of momentum that able to push my bike forward around 35kmh so I have no issues pacing or drafting a group at 35-40kmh of speed, its a climbing wheel so it didn't hold the speed as well as the Zipp 303 but I am ok with that. I have not had any punctures for almost 1000km on that wheel. For the price I think it is a well built affordable wheel.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

chaamp1 wrote:I have been using the fulcrum zero carbon for a couple of months now, mainly for flats and climb and its a superb wheelset for the price. The main reason I bought this wheelset was because of the weight. Below you can see the comparison for a decent set of wheels.

Fulcrum zero carbon: 1358g 30mm
Bora 35: 1406g 35mm
Zipp 202NSW: 1375g 32mm
Zipp 202: 1450g 32mm

Fulcrum Zero Carbon is the lightest of this group of decent wheel sets, unless you willing to get an Enve 3.4 which weight at 1320g 35/45mm

I found that the wheel is still quite slippery in wet condition but its manageable. I have done hard braking during decent and the 3Diamond brakes was making this sharp braking noice but I didn't notice any damage on the wheel, braking surface is still look brand new after intensive braking. Another added benefit was the zero carbon does have a good amount of momentum that able to push my bike forward around 35kmh so I have no issues pacing or drafting a group at 35-40kmh of speed, its a climbing wheel so it didn't hold the speed as well as the Zipp 303 but I am ok with that. I have not had any punctures for almost 1000km on that wheel. For the price I think it is a well built affordable wheel.

Thanks for the report. Yes, I do believe the Fulcrums are underrated and a great deal.

The listed weights on Zipp and Enve by you seem to be claimed weight. Are they claimed weight or actual weight? I get the impression that the actual weights are higher on Zipps and Enves, and lower for Fulcrums and Campy's. My Campy Bora came in below claimed weight. I've heard people complain their Enves came in way above claimed weight.