Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbon Clincher Wheelset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Are there some who have tried to run on this new wheelset

And the rim is full carbon, as part of the rim like is painted black. Only the braking surface is in carbon.
See all my bike h e r e

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andylav

by andylav

Very keen to hear ride reports on these wheels and also confirmation as to whether the decals are removeable (for a full stealth look) or (I suspect) under a laquer / clearcoat finish

Richt1978

by Richt1978

The set the UK distributor had on display at the Cycle Show looked very much to be well and truly under the lacquer, scrubbed them off my want list at after that.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Anyone used a set of these yet?

airsky

by airsky

Ordered from our forum supporter STARBIKE was delivered quickly within a week at very good pricing.

Indeed STARBIKE is the cheapest of all on line seller from GERMANY. Good & fast communication with Christian Stuber.
He's always response quickly and very professional in services.

Mine is 2015 racing zero full aluminum clinchers and the decals can be remove for stealth look. Comfort and very stiff ride
with combo of continental GP 4000s II and Race 28 tubes. Very low resistance and wheel spin freely and smoothly.

iT's value for money and I've no regret and full of praises for this wheelset.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I bought my Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbon clincher's last saturday. Here are the facts: The decals are NOT removable. The weights for my set are: Front wheel: 576gr. Rear wheel: 769gr. Total 1345grams. The claimed weight by Fulcrum is 1358gr. So its the first time I've ever seen a wheelset made by Campagnolo, that weighs less than advertised! Out on the road they feel very stiff and spin up really easily. The braking is pretty good for full carbon rims, they are pretty easy to modulate. The rims are 25mm. wide and 30mm. tall. And they are round over the top, as opposed to the boxy design of the aluminium version, so should be quite aero as well. I'm tempted to sell them already though, as I've fallen in love with the Bora clinchers :roll:

Aeroad1.jpg

Aeroad2.jpg

TonyM

by TonyM

@  Tillquist:
For which purpose would you use this wheelset ? for the mountains ?
If yes, why full carbon clincher and not aluminium clinchers ? they would be "safer" in terms of braking (my choice for the mountains)
And if full carbon clincher why not the Bora 35 for example? Same weight but more aero.
You could also use the Campa Hyperon Clincher, full carbon and in all reviews they seems to be excellent. Actually like the Fulcrum (same company) but also available as Ultra with the cult bearings.
Or the ax-lightness U 28C with their 1065g only.

fogman

by fogman

@Ravnsnaes. What size tires are you using on these wheels?
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

Continental GP4000S 25mm rear and 23mm front.

F45

by F45

I can build a 1300 gram aluminum clincher for under $300. Don't see the point of this wheel set.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

How is braking in the rain?

racersir

by racersir

bruno2000 wrote:How is braking in the rain?

Interested in knowing how they brake in rain also, I'm looking to get a set of these

milroy

by milroy

F45 wrote:I can build a 1300 gram aluminum clincher for under $300. Don't see the point of this wheel set.

OK. I'm listening. What is your build?

RM27

by RM27

@Ravnsnaes

Can you give any update on these wheels? Thinking of ordering a set and would like some feedback. The aluminum nipples are concerning as that is a soft material. I like the wider rim on the carbons vs the old style on the Zero Nights.

Also has anyone found a Campagnolo version that's available? All sites (including Starbike) say on order. May just get the Shimano version and use an Ultegra 11 speed cassette.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

There's not much to report really. I sold the entire bike with the wheels. They worked flawlessly, that's all I can say. The wide rims were very nice, as was braking performance in dry conditions. I wouldn't be concerned about the nipples though, because they are huge and have a big surface area, so are less likely to round out if you ever have to true the wheelset. What I liked most about the wheels, was the combination of stiffness and low weight. I would definitely recommend these wheels to others. And they make a great alternative to Campagnolo Bora One 35, because they are less expensive, only 5mm shallower and the hubs looks better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com