Hollowgram cranks on PF86??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xntrickly

by xntrickly

With various length spindles available from Cannondale... shouldn't someone be able to come up with their own BB360 evo version for a PF86 frameset (like my Giant Propel Advanced sl)???? Purchase the bearings from Rotor and then just use a longer spindle to span the entire width of the frame. Surely someone out there can tell me about their success or failure on such an attempt?

Regards in advance.

CXTony

by CXTony

Q-factor will surely be odd since the hollowgram arms flare out for a bb30 frame, while the pf86 is designed for standard crank arms like a frame using external bearing cups.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="CXTony"]Q-factor will surely be odd since the hollowgram arms flare out for a bb30 frame, while the pf86 is designed for standard crank arms like a frame using external bearing cups.[/quote]

Dang it didn't think of that... been staring at pages like FSA and you'd think I'd remember that they have to change the shape of their arms to accommodate the longer spindle like BB360 evo. Oh well. Back to fitting Rotor 3D+ or some other BB360 Evo.

Thanks.

xntrickly

by xntrickly

Wish I could delete this because there's the exact same question 4 lines below mine regarding Scott and hollowgrams. Apologies for wasting forum space!!