BBRight cranks with longer arms

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rideintospace

by rideintospace

Hi all,

I am having a tough time finding a crankset that will fit the BBRight bottom bracket with the dimensions I want.. Ideally a 30x86mm spindle with a compact 110bcd 5-arm spider and 177.5 or 180mm crank arm length. I am currently using a SRAM red 177.5mm BB30 crank on another bike, but this only has a 30x68mm spindle, which will not fit the BBRight system. I would also like to take advantage of the larger 30mm diameter that BBRight offers, rather than adapting for a 24mm spindle like the red gxp or dura-ace crank has. I have looked at SRAM, Rotor, THM, and FSA, and can only find 30x86mm spindles with crank arm lengths up to 175mm. I have also searched through the forums here, but I don't think anyone has asked the same question before with regards to BBRight.

I am trying to fit a 2013 Cervelo frame, and I like using the praxis works mid-compact chainrings, which only come with 5-arm 110bcd compatibility, thus the zipp quad 4-arm spider was ruled out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!
Last edited by rideintospace on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmerka

by rmerka

Rotor makes what you're looking for. Don't know about the others.

http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/shop/vclose2.asp?prd=77088&cat=7386003408

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rideintospace

by rideintospace

rmerka wrote:Rotor makes what you're looking for. Don't know about the others.

http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/shop/vclose2.asp?prd=77088&cat=7386003408

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. Also, nice R5 VWD. You have done a good job of matching everything, and it looks great with the ENVE seatpost and team edition oil slick mandibles.

Rick

by Rick

Does the Sram Force 22 BB30 have a longer spindle ? I think maybe I heard that it does. Might be worth checking out.. I know that Red 22 BB30 does not.

rma

by rma

That's a nice question, and that brings me another one. Sorry if it is a bit obvious, but with a shorter axle are the Q-factors the same? If they are the same, then the crankarm must have an S-shape (viewed from above) in order to increase the Q-factor, right? I'm not an engineer, but these bends must make the structure more prone to small deformations? Thanks

rideintospace

by rideintospace

Rick wrote:Does the Sram Force 22 BB30 have a longer spindle ? I think maybe I heard that it does. Might be worth checking out.. I know that Red 22 BB30 does not.

A buddy of mine has Force 22. You are right, the spindle length is longer on a Force 22 BB30 crank. They also make this in a 177.5 length, so Rotor 3D+ and Force 22 would for sure work. The Force 22 has a different spider orientation than normal, with one chainring bolt aligned with the crank arm, so you have to use the SRAM powerglide rings with it, rather than the aftermarket versions, because the chain stopper from other chainrings won't align with the crank arm.

Rick

by Rick

rideintospace wrote:... so you have to use the SRAM powerglide rings with it,...

Is that really a showstopper ? The powerglide rings are a little heavier, but they really do shift great! I was really quite astounded when I got mine.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com