2015 specialized tarmac pro race weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beanogas

by beanogas

Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone has gotten the new 2015 specialized tarmac pro race, and if so how much did it weigh? I ordered the black and blue one size 56 but can't find the weight listed anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, to those who have the new tarmac, what are your thoughts so far?

Vicelord

by Vicelord

My buddy has a 2015 S Works Dura Ace, and after putting Speedplay stainless pedals and Arundel Mandible cages on it, it was 15.2

I'd expect that a non-S works Ultegra bike would be about a pound more.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doolop

by Doolop

I have this exact bike sans a couple of changes. In the photo below it weighs about 15.6? Not crazy light, but I built it in a fairly conservative way. Stock I would imagine it being just under 16.

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr12 ... G_5766.jpg

The ride? Absolutely phenomenal. I am very fortunate in that I get to ride a lot of very nice bikes but this one takes the cake. In the past 2 years I have had a Tarmac pro SL4 and a Cdale supersix evo and this bike blows both of them out of the water.

There are a few things that really stand out about this bike:
Front end stiffness is massive
Rear compliance (Take this with a grain of salt, I ride at 90psi)
Wheels have the best braking I have ever experienced on a carbon wheel, and yes, I ride them in the rain.
Rear brake cable no longer slaps the top tube like on my SL4
Internal routing is clean and has minimal bends for excellent shifting
Integrated seat post clamp actually works well- huge plus (don't remove the post entirely though or the wedge will fall down the seat tube)

As a nitpicky cyclist I am usually never 100% happy with a bike but I honestly can not find a single fault with this bike.

Edit: I do have a negative comment on this bike- The seat tube waterbottle cage bosses are too far down, it makes it hard to reach sometimes.
Last edited by Doolop on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

beanogas

by beanogas

Thanks alot guys! This is lighter than what others tried to convince me of. 16.0 lbs or less would be phenomenal. What changes did you make to your bike?

beanogas

by beanogas

Also, i was wondering if the quarq powermeter would go on the crankset that comes witht the bike. It comes with a specialized pro crankset. Ive been told quarq for specialized would work but the quarq website just lists the sworks crankset as the crankset it works with for specialized.

Doolop

by Doolop

Yes, A specialized Quarq will work great. There is no difference between the pro crank and s-works cranks.

Vicelord

by Vicelord

Get the p2m spider so you have something reliable and save some cash.

The s works and specialized cranks are interchangeable.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

To run Rotor 3D (24mm axle) in that BB would the Wheels Manufacturing BB30 to 24mm adapter cups be the way to go?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doolop

by Doolop

Those would probably work just fine. If it was my bike I would probably hammer out the alloy cups that are glued into the specialized OSBB and run a praxis BB.