Kogel or C-Bear PF30 Kit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Has anyone installed a Kogel or C Bear complete PF30 kit in a Cannondale EVO? I am getting sick and tired of destroying bearings on my bike and looking to do something about it...

My only concern is I am running an SRM and need the tapered PF30 cup for SRM clearanece.. especially since my 2010 SRM does not have the large beveled opening in the back to accomodate the PF30 design..I have minimal clearance as it is with the beveled Cannondale cups!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Not sure how you manage to destroy the bearings so easily. I've ran the same FSA ceramic BB for over two years on multiple bikes with zero issues. How are you or your mechanics installing it? I tend to use Dumond Liquid Grease and install one side at a time periodically checking to make sure that the bearing is aligned. Have never overhauled it either.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

When you say you install with liquid grease.. are you changing the grease in the bearings to that.. or is that the grease you are applying to the spindle on install or both??

This time my spindle went because grit got in the opening in the bottom of my EVO frame where the press in cable guide is.. the dirt went outward rested against the bearing, and ground away the spindle... I *think* the bearings are OK.. but Im chainging em and these can be emergency spares now...

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

http://wheelsmfg.com/6806-ext.html

buy the Wheel Manufacturing BB30 bearing extractor, only $22 (the cost of 1 bearing)